*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1367194-DARK-HEART
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Thriller/Suspense · #1367194
A small Boy Discovers his dead family.
                                              Dark Heart
                                      Written by: Blackend Soul

A/N: The following story is mine and mine alone.Any relation to real people, places, and events are entirely coincidentalor used fictitiously

      The young boy looks on the scene before him, desperately trying to hold back tears. He falls to his knees, his will snapping like a twig in the hands of a giant.
  Before the child laid his family, massacred, laying in various positions their skin pasty white and clinging to their bones making them look severely underfed. He looks at his family viewing their faces and wondering what had happened to them. He'd been upstairs asleep when he heard a crash followed by a scream that he assumed was his sisters, who was 15, 4 years his senior, he glances in her direction and he looks at her face. It had a look of terror chiseled into it and her eyes…..her eyes were glazed over and looked as if all humanity left them the moment she died, marking her passage from this world. Upon hearing his sister scream from upstairs he came downstairs to see his whole family dead. He looks from body to body unconsciously counting them in his head. Mom .......Dad .......Sister ....and bro--.....He notices that his brother is gone. Nowhere to be seen.
    He counts them making sure that he’s not crazy. He only counts three when there should be four lying on this cold wooden floor. He bites his lip nervously looking for signs that his Brother may have escaped. There were none. His small heart pounds against his ribcage.
  Then he hears a cackling laughter that he recognized....yet this time it sent a cold chill up his spine that caused him to twitch. Then he saw his missing brother. The frightened boy ran towards the brother only to be batted away like a fl. The brother laughed as his little brother hit the wall and fell to the ground.
" Kain, Kain, Kain.......your naivety is astounding.....haven’t you realized what has happened here?" speaks the elder brother of 17 he then pauses waiting for the child dubbed Kain to respond ".....No......Well then allow me to put it in terms a little child like you can understand. I killed them, I killed them all!"
"B-but why ...Why'd you do it Luke!?" questions the youngest brother about to break  like a twig from this new revelation.
  The eldest brother smiled revealing fangs that almost ran halfway down to his chin coated in fresh blood from the family. "Because I was bored and wished to test my newly acquired powers. By killing those that taught me how to think and act I proved that I no longer needed them. That I was better than them, and that I was more powerful." Then adolescent named Luke says this without batting an eyelash, almost as if it was the most natural thing in the world to slay your family.
    Kain looked extremely frightened; he cowers in the corner watching his brother, not daring to take his eyes off of him for even a second. Kain begins to cry and shake as his brother stares into his eyes almost penetrating into the deepest crevices of his mind. He closes his eyes involuntarily not being able to help the reaction.
  Luke laughs “You are not worth killing. Your blood is too tainted by cowardice and fear to even warrant me putting forth the effort to kill you....." Luke turns away as he heads for the open back door. It has begun to storm and the rain is coming down like bullets from the heavens, lightning is flashing like the worlds most powerful strobe light. “I have allowed you to live for the moment. Consider yourself …..fortunate.” He walks into the thick rain, after several steps it looks as if he has disappeared into the darkness.
      Kain rocks back and forth, his arms wrapped around his knees which he had against his chest. As he rocks back and forth, he begins to doze off as he contemplates the traumatic events that have unfolded on this terrible night. Finally he falls into a dream which is blurry and full of random events, many of which were from this night.
    He was momentarily stirred from his REM sleep by sirens and what he believed to be footsteps. Too tired to care, he laid there slowly drifting back to his deep sleep. The last thing he heard before drifting back off to his deep sleep was "We got a live one!!"

A/N: My first story is up! please review and let me know if it's any good. I'll add on another story to follow up this one in a series like fasion if I get enough readers
© Copyright 2007 Blackened Soul (kingmarik91 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1367194-DARK-HEART