*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1368713-Scruffy
Rated: E · Fiction · Children's · #1368713
A children's story about a lovable little dog
I am small, I have black hair ,It is very curly, I have four legs, my name is Scruffy.  I live with my friends.  They are much bigger than I am.  They don’t have as much hair.  They stand up.  I like them both.  Their names are Bob and Mary.  Mary makes sure I have food and water, Bob takes me for walks.  I walk with Mary sometimes too.  I like to walk with Bob best.  When we go for a walk and we get to the big field.  Then Bob lets me off my Leash.  I can run and bound and jump and run some more.  I can pretend to chase bunnies and hunt mice.  Sometimes I run so far that Bob begins to worry and calls my name.  I usually come back running, but sometimes I like to tease. When he calls I don’t run back.  Then Bob gets mad and then I run back.

         One day I wanted to tease.  I ran faster and farther than normal.  I ran so far that I didn’t hear Bob, when he called.  I was waiting for him but I didn’t hear him.  So I ran the way I thought I had come.  Then I ran a different way, and then a different way again.  I was lost!  I ran and ran.  I ran into some thistles and got burrs in my wonderful black curly hair.  I ran so much that my little paws were sore, I stopped running.  It was getting dark.  I was afraid.  As I lay down in the tall grass a tear formed in my eye and ran down my cheek. 

Then suddenly I hear a familiar voice.  It was Bob!  I got up and ran as fast as I could.  When I got to him, I jumped into his arms.  I was so happy to see him.  My tail was wagging so fast.  I reached up and licked his face.  I was happy to be found.   



© Copyright 2007 dblameck (David) (dblameck at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1368713-Scruffy