*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1368835-Failures
Rated: E · Essay · How-To/Advice · #1368835
This is about recognizing failures as a part of life that shouldn't be feared from.
Failures



         Have you experienced being rejected even once in your life? If yes, then Congratulations! Welcome to the world of reality!

         Most of us become discouraged whenever we become unsuccessful to the things we are into. We tend to lose hope to things that doesn't go our way. But haven't you thought that failures can be keys to your success?

         In life, we need to fall and stumble sometimes. We need to experience failure for us to learn from our mistakes. But it is very important that whenever we fall, we must learn to rise... always.

         In my previous school, I really dread school. I didn't like school not because of the home works or the terror teachers but because of the fact that I envy those who belong to the "in" groups because I am not the ones who belong to the popular groups in my batch. Actually, I belong to the "losers" bracket. 

         Many people in my level are irritated with me and I really don't know why. They immediately walk away whenever I come towards them and oftentimes, they are backstabbing me. They say awful things to me whenever I'm not around. I felt like I am a leper that everyone walks away from. Because of that, I had a hard time finding friends. Actually, I had NO friends at all. I am branded as one certified loner. It's the type of life you would never dream of. My school life was horrible.

         While I was in that school, I experienced all of these stuff. It really hurts and affects me badly. My self-esteem decreased and my grades suffered. Even the ones I've trusted left me. I've encountered severe depression and emotional wreck during those times and I had no one beside me to help me recover. It's just me.

         Many times I've thought of suicide and running away. I thought that was the way to escape from my problems. There was a time that I even blamed God for the "disaster" that happened in my life because the time I was in deep pain, NO ONE was there to console with me. I thought God was always there with you whenever you are in darkness.

         Life was meaningless to me. I felt that I am a failure because I haven't experienced the things that most students are experiencing like being invited to parties, hanging out with friends, sleepovers, etc. I just wanted to die.

         Then one day, I discovered the "power of prayer". I started to pray non-stop and said sorry to God that I blamed Him for all of my problems. During those moments, I've felt light because what I did is I lifted up all my problems to God. I realized that He will never leave me despite of all the things that happened to me. Now, I already have a best friend--- God.

         After almost 10 years, my parents told me good news. I am going to be transferred! I was super happy and now I began to believe in hope and to the power of God. (Could you believe it took me 10 years before I was transferred?) Now I know that prayers can move mountains.

         In my present school, although not as known as my previous school, I am happy and contented already. I am no longer discriminated and people already accept who and what I am because every person is unique in their own special way. I already have friends whom I can treasure for a lifetime. My self-confidence boosted time after time. My grades were all very good. I've got 90, 91 and even 95 in my card (although there are times I get 87, 89... )  And did I mention that my name was also known by everyone in school? There is even someone who told me that I was known as the 2 B's--- 2 B's as in, "Beauty and Brains"  and not as one loner-slash-loser anymore.

         As Amar Gopal Bose says, "No one ever won a chess game by betting on each move. Sometimes you have to move backward to get a step forward". This means that you have to experience problems, pains and failures once in a while to be able to move on in our lives because as I said earlier, we need to experience failures for us to learn from our mistakes.

         Most of all, you must never lose hope. Try and try until you succeed. Be positive. What I did is I began to discover God and his power. And I've worked on it. I prayed and prayed for years and then here's the result: the happiness and contentment that I've always wish for such a long time. I began to be positive despite all negatives. And believe to the power of prayers. Sometimes, failing is good in order to get the success you've wanted.

         I hope you will learn something from my experience. If you would follow it, it will really help you a lot. Trust me. You will become a better individual.  That's the only thing essential.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
for another story about failures, check out: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/06_28/b3992001.htm

>>This article is my inspiration for making this essay. I had so many realizations once I've read it. I hope you would also learn something from it.
© Copyright 2008 nicoletsky (nicoletsky at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1368835-Failures