*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1369558-The-Depression-Lessons--Getting-Sick
by Pename
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Relationship · #1369558
Based on myself but from a girl view.
I'm getting so angry with people. I hate it when you're friend/family mention you're old boyfriend/girlfriend. Then go on rambling about how good you looked together. How can someone look good together if they've broken up?! It's insane. But that's just the start of me getting furious. I HATE when a stranger bring it up. How the hell do they know anyway? And when you're EX BEST FRIEND goes out with you're ex lover. Oh for god's sake. Should I just die? Yes that's what I'll do. I'm so good talking about depression. I should make my own book. The Depression Lessons. That’s a great fantastic name, for a book about depression that is. My name is Alisha. I'm 13. Moody and as my dad says. I look like Katherine McPhee on wheels...God knows what he meant by that. Hopefully it's nothing perverted. Like EW. I miss my ex. So damn much. I should be happy I go with another guy that is a THOUSAND times better than his stupid idiotic butt.
'No he isn't. He's dumb. Seriously girl.' I say to myself. Oh shut up. I'm not going to listen to this. LALALALALA.
I also fancy my boyfriend who is HOT but my feelings just don't evolve around him. My ex on the other hand, he makes me laugh a lot. Even though, he's a bit boring sometimes. He's cute with his brown/black eyes (can't tell their too dark.) And his big floppy hair that covers his eyes sometimes when he moves around. I sigh. My boyfriend is NEVER going to be like that, I don't notice that I'm crying until a tear drops on my hand silently. Should I call Rose and ask her for advice? Maybe I should...Yeah, good idea. I swing my slender legs over the side of my bed and reach for the phone next to my bedside table. I hesitate. Maybe this isn't a good idea...
'Oh c'mon already! Wuss!' I whisper furiously at myself in the crystal mirror. I twitch a little at my reflection, I don't look like Alisha anymore. Just some lumpy witch, I cannot believe i am dialing Rose's number. I press the phone to my ear and start to twist the cord around my long fingers, it doesn't look like she's going to answer.
'Hello?' a shrill voice shrieks through the phone.
'Hey Rose, this is-'
'I know Alisha.' her voice irritated.
'Oh sorry, well...I need you're advice really badly.' I comment feebly.
Rose gasps over the other end and I start to think she's mocking me.
'You better not be trying to be sarcastic with me Rose Iron!' I growl through the phone.
'No, it’s not that. I need you're advice too...I was unsure if I should call you or not, so I let the phone rang. It was pissing me off though hearing the stupid RING all the while. That's the only reason I picked it up.' Rose's voice remainded cool and calm. Unlike mine...
'OK? Anyway it's Carlos! I keep thinking about him, god I can't believe I broke up with him you know?' I say my voice cracked.
'Neither can I. He was obviously the hottest boy in school.' I choke back a laugh. Atleast she's honest.
'I want to get with him so badly...'
'Uhm.'
'What is it Rose?'
She whispers something that I just got in time. I turn pale, deathly pale.
'Are you serious?' I ask. I don't want to believe it. My fist clenched so hard my knuckles were also turning white.
'Yes...' Rose gulped down the phone.
'He just went and cheated on you like that?!' I half scream half shout down the phone. My black tangled hair flew towards my face but I quickly bat it away with my hand.
'Yeah! I can't believe him. We've been going out for 2 years and he goes and does this! Ugh!' Rose doesn't seem that bothered to tell the truth, then again. Rose could have any boy with her amazing body that she has.
'Well what a loser.' I say with every word of truth in it.
'Tell me about it.'
'Why don't you come round my house? It'll be fun. Watch stupid romantic movies all night like a couple of grannies? Eh?' I whisper the last bit. Don't want my dad hearing that!
She perks up immediately and rushes round in less than 5 minutes, we DO watch soppy movies like old grannies. We even borrow some of my mom's gowns so we look older, we giggle helplessly as we watch our all star favorite hottest guy ever on TV. (Orlando Bloom!) I completely forget about Carlos until my phone rings and I put it on loud speaker so me and Rose can both hear every word.
'Hey, Alisha. I'm bored so what are you doing?' came a deep but friendly voice.
'Just having a night in. You?' I smile hotly.
'Same, really bored and all. Aye you still got that necklace I bought you?' he asks slightly worried.
I quickly slide my hand to my neck and feel the golden chain on my skin.
'Of course! I always wear it.' Which isn't always true. I don't wear it when Mike (boyfriend) is about.
I can just imagine his grey eyes glittering with deep pride, his jet black hair dancing over his eyes while he sigh’s a deep sigh of relief.
‘Really?’ Carlos’s voice sounds demanding but she knew that he was overjoyed by it. I nod silently, realizing I’m on the PHONE I quickly add.
‘Duh! I’m nodding by the way.’ I laugh and he chuckles too. He seems nervous and he’s panting slightly, he coughs a tiny bit too.
‘Sorry Alisha, I’m ill…Got this fever. I’ll call you tomorrow.’ He says weakly. My heart flutters. He’s so nice calling me when he was sick, or maybe I made him sick. Shut up Shut up!!!!!
‘Oh, bye! Hope you get better!’ I say frowning. I feel like whispering ‘I love you.’ But he’s already gone…
I flop down with Rose on bed and scream, it’s a quiet scream but it still has the same affects. Dad knocks thunderously on my door. I ignore him. I don’t care for some reason…Why? I whisper the words.
‘I’m fine Dad. Honest!’ He catches them and leaves to go and have a good beer with his footy mates, I sob into Rose’s shoulder. She pats my back affectionately and cuddles me. I’m glad I have Rose; I’d probably have done suicide. Which is pathetic, I use all the swear words I can think of then I lie on my bed thinking. It’s not fair…He likes Cassie. Stupid bitch, I hate her. I can’t believe that I used to want to be like her. I still do actually; she’s got the man I love. I look at Rose and smile, she smiles warmly back. I wonder what Cassie IS doing? Please be cheating! No, that’s horrid. I slap myself and push myself back into my warm pillows with Rose. Just another normal, boring Saturday night but with the most fascinating, interesting, amazing friend in the whole world…We laugh together as I throw popcorn at her eyes almost blinding Rose, we decide to draw love hearts over our favorite actors/artists. My eyes go on David Jordan. I kiss his poster and draw a big pink glittery love heart over his head besides
‘I wouldn’t mind meeting him in a dark alley.’ I chortle not noticing I said it out loud until Rose gives me a funny look saying. ‘Who?’ I jab my finger at David and do a fake faint but do bang my head in the process, we end up in a tangle as we try to fight for the Orlando Bloom poster.
‘He’s mine!’ Shouts Rose.
‘GET THE FUCK OFF MY MAN BITCH!’ I roar outrageously
‘You’ve got Carlos!’ she argues.
‘Oh shut up!’ I retort harshly.

We wrestle for what seems years, she wins. But only because I let her then again she has helped me, I’m grateful. So is she by the looks of it. She lets me SNOG the Orlando Bloom poster, I grin impishly and wink at her. We start dancing wildly together on my bed singing Dave Jordan ‘Place in My Heart’ Rose is an amazing dancer, my slim legs can only pop lock and drop it. My black curls always sway in the damn way too, they hit Carlos in his beautiful eyes once and he almost fell on the floor! I always felt he was a wimp at first but I learnt so many things however some of the things aren’t exactly pleasant, but I always listened when he told me how he once accidently drove over somebody’s dog.
I jump on the bed and start to sing crazily in my bed; Rose joins in on the chorus. We laugh and cry at the same time but both loving every minute of it.

© Copyright 2008 Pename (therealwolf at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1369558-The-Depression-Lessons--Getting-Sick