*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1369577-Imagine-This
Rated: 13+ · Other · Horror/Scary · #1369577
Imagine yourself in this situation, what would you do and how would you feel?
Imagine This.

Your driving home at night like you do every night after work. You are pretty tired because it is the holidays and the boss has been making you guys work extra hard to get everything done before the holidays. You know if you work hard now then you will have more time off on the holidays. Your mind is beginning to wander before you finally reach your driveway. Your house looks extra welcoming tonight.

When you pull into your driveway, you turn your car off and sit in your car for a second, something does not seem right. All of the lights in the house are off, and the front door is open. You scratch your head and wonder if maybe your parents are asleep, but if they are, why did they leave the front door open? You shrug your shoulders and you're about to get out of the car when you notice movement in the back yard. If you turn your lights on you would be able to make out what it was.

You close your door and you reach for your lights. When they come on, you see something that makes your heart stop. There standing in the backyard is a man, covered in blood with a knife in his hands. His head immediately turns and looks at you in your car. You can barely make out his face because it is so bloodstained, but you can see him grin at you and wave, before he slinks away behind the house.
© Copyright 2008 Ghost68 (the_ghost68 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1369577-Imagine-This