*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1369584-Goodnight-My-Darling
by MariaG
Rated: 13+ · Monologue · Tragedy · #1369584
A wife to a musician records her voice before commiting suicide.
(A husband walks in his home of a modern New York apartment with a violin case in his hand, he is suprised to see his wife shot in the head, dead on the floor. He then looks over at a voice recoder with a tape in it and clicks the play button.)

Wife's voice recording: Hello, it is currently twenty till eight o'clock in the evening on December 31st, I hope you perform your best like you've always had. I know that you are a bit shocked to see that I did not show up at your concert, for I was here in your office recording this.

My love, you have brightened up my life and you were not the reason for my death. We have stayed together and supported eachother for many years and I am glad of that. You have been the love of my life and my best friend that was reliable and always there for me.

Lately, things have been coming up from everywhere. You have been sucessful in your musicianship and now your performing professionally in many symphony orchestras and alone. You are the greatest and sometimes when I'm with you, I never seem to fit in.

It seems like I've been trapped in this apartment for months just waiting for something to happen. The world just passes me by and I can't seem to catch up. My mind is filled with thoughts and ideas and sometimes I get too lost in it. Sometimes I feel that there is no more hope or faith into things and I feel just stuck... just lost.... always lost.

I hope you continue to grow in your profession and see positive things in your future, I'm just sorry that I couldn't take staying in this life for any longer. You said I was the best wife you could ever had but I know I'm not! I'm messy and stubborn, clumsy and bland. I never was that supportive when I was and I was never known as the "elegant wife of a musician" nor was I the "intelligent wife of a genius". I was never the beauty or the elegance that came along in love.

I just want to tell you now that my will is on the kitchen table and that this recording will stop pretty soon. I hope you have an excellent new year and I will always be look up at you in the sky. I love you... I always will now goodnight my darling, goodnight.









© Copyright 2008 MariaG (violist92 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1369584-Goodnight-My-Darling