*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1369620-UP-AFTER-MIDNIGHT-WITH-A-FLOORMATE
by Taylor
Rated: 13+ · Assignment · Personal · #1369620
FYSS Assignment, September 2006
        Staying up after 11PM is fun to do...but yet at the same time it can hurt in some ways. If you're going to stay up that freaking late, you better have a reason for it before doing so. Keep that in mind. Helping people is fun, too, especially taking care of a student wasted on alcohol. SUNY Potsdam is making more of a woman out of me. One of the lessons is about helping people you don't know personally. Second is not to drink and/or do drugs.

          As for me, I've stayed up till 6:30AM two days straight and ended up getting a throbbing headache on a Sunday afternoon. This was last month - two weeks before Thanksgiving break. The reason: one of my buddies from Idea & Image (including World Art & Culture and Color & Design) got drunk after chugging down 5 cheap-ass beers at Downtown Potsdam, came back to Bowman West sick as I don't know what, and threw up in the bathroom. She's stayed in the bathroom all night in the first stall puking her guts out, resting her back on the wall, catching her breath, and started talking. At around 3 AM, I was looking at the window in the Mentor Lounge at Bowman West. I didn't know this was happening until a spirit told me to go to the bathroom and check on one of your friends. So, I did that. I was shocked. The only people who was with my classmate was our RA and our second classmate (Classmate #2). I decide to join in the fun. We've talked a lot of random crap that we can think of - school, family, embarrassing stuff, the whole nine yards.

          It's 5 AM - We're still here talking crap, meditating every couple of minutes. It's 5:30 AM - The RA had to leave to get ready for Saturday Brunch. The second classmate sat on the floor a foot from my drunken buddy, who has her water bottle, a pack of Tums, and an unfinished cup of tea. He was falling asleep and I'm laying flat on my stomach bored, but not tired. She kept apologizing to us for keep us with her. We didn't care. We don't mind doing that. It's 6 In The Freaking Morning - Classmate #2 got up from his nap and he had to get back to his dorm. I stayed up with her till 6:30 AM. I took her back to her dorm. She stayed off the bottle ever since. I sprayed the entire bathroom with Lysol. Then, I went back to my dorm, turned the lights off, and immediately went right to sleep. This adventure is probably something to remember. I have two lessons for you if anybody is reading this. The first one: Help others so good karma comes to you. You will learn how to appreciate yourself a whole lot more. The second one: Drinking can lead to other bad things - other types of liquor, drugs, crime, or bad accidents.
© Copyright 2008 Taylor (musicbox1986 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1369620-UP-AFTER-MIDNIGHT-WITH-A-FLOORMATE