*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1370030-Her-First-Lesbian-Love
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · LGBTQ+ · #1370030
Chapter One. 16-year-old Jenna Smith never expected to kiss her BFF Clare Baley...
Her First Lesbian Love
Chapter One: BFF (First Kiss)

As soon as my cell phone started chiming my “Don’t You Wish Your Girlfriend Were Hot Like Me?” ring tone I knew it was my best friend in the whole world, Clare Baley. Clare always calls me at exactly four in the afternoon every weekday and most weekends, too. I gratefully shut my history book and flipped open my cell phone.

“Clare Bear, where have you been?” I scolded jokingly. “I’ve been waiting for you to rescue me from history homework!” I could hear Clare’s tinkling laugh on the other end and could just imagine her brushing one of her long, silky brown ringlets from her face.

“Four PM is the rule, Jenna McKenna,” Clare replied, using her nickname for me (that was the only thing she could think of that rhymed with Jenna). “I can’t take into consideration your amount of history homework.”

“So what’s the gossip, chica?” I asked, settling back into my chair.

“Well, today I have some particularly large news,” Clare said, and I could tell she was preparing to tell me some big news. I opened my ears wider, preparing for some bigger than big news. “Two days after school ends Mom and Dad are taking me to this huge luxury resort in Puerto Rico for the whole summer…” Instantly I drooped.

“Does this mean you’ll be gone for the whole summer?” I asked worriedly. Who would I hang out with all summer long after eleventh grade ended?

“I’m getting there!” Clare said quickly. “My parents said that I could pick one friend to take…and of course I picked you!” I squealed immediately.

“Yes!” I screamed. “Yes, of course! But wait,” I added, calming down and drooping once more. “I have to ask my parents’ permission. Give me time to try and persuade them. I’ll call you back soon, chica.”

“All right, good luck, Jenna McKenna,” Clare said. With a goodbye to Clare Bear I hung up and dropped my cell phone on my desk, hopping up from my bedroom desk and rushing downstairs immediately. Mom was preparing some big, three-course meal for dinner that night.

“Mom,” I exclaimed breathlessly. “Clare has big news. For the whole summer her parents are taking her to this huge resort in Hawaii and she wants to take me so can I? Pretty please?” I said it all in one breath and I smiled as sweetly as I could at Mom when I finished.

Mom stopped chopping onions for a minute and stared at me intently. Her gaze was ambiguous, and I couldn’t tell from it whether I’d be going to Hawaii or not. Finally she said, “Before school ends prove to me that you are responsible enough for such a trip. Then find out all the details from Clare and give them to me. Also I want to talk to her parents.”

“YES!” I screamed. “Thank you so much, Mom!”

“Now,” she said sternly. “This isn’t a one hundred percent yes yet. But I trust Clare and her parents, so there is a good chance you’ll go. As long as you do all your chores during the time before school ends without complaints. Okay?”

I was already excitedly racing upstairs past my little sister Emma’s bedroom and into my own. I squealed and jumped up and down in front of my full length mirror leaning against my wall, my thick red locks bouncing with each jump. I glanced in the mirror. My big green eyes with filled with excitement and my rosy red cheeks were glowing with happiness. A big smile was painted on my face.

I snatched my cell phone up from my desk and tapped in 1 on speed dial. Clare’s number automatically dialed.

“Jenna McKenna!” she exclaimed. “What’s the news, amiga?”

“I’M GOING!” I screamed. We both squealed and screamed together in a moment of total girliness. Finally we both calmed down. I decided to offer the whole details. “Well, I have to act all mature and responsible and stuff, but that should be no problem. Plus my mom wants all the details from your and you parents.”

“No problem,” Clare said casually. “I’ll have my parents call your mom later.”

“You’re great, Clare!” I said. Then we both squealed with excitement once more.

***

FIFTEEN DAYS LATER

***

About fifteen days later, Clare and I were sitting next to each other on a plane heading toward Hawaii, trying not to erupt in giggles and squeals of excitement to often. Mr. and Mrs. Baley were sitting in the aisle in front of us. Clare and I talked on and on about what we thought Puerto Rico would be like. The whole time we talked Clare’s blue eyes glowed with excitement, just as I imagined mine did.

When the pilot announced that we were about to land, Clare and I squealed so loud that quite a few other passengers glared at us. Before we knew it, the plane had landed. We grabbed our luggage and filed off the plane, following Clare’s parents in the air port.

We went outside the air port. It was night here and it was raining really hard. The air was hot and humid. I could already being to feel myself start to sweat as Mrs. Baley hailed down a taxi. We all climbed inside, Clare and I both too excited to say anything as the driver drove us to the big resort. We both stared out the window, big smiles still painted almost permanently on our faces.

Finally the taxi pulled up outside the huge hotel, and I couldn’t help but gasp. It was one of the biggest buildings I had ever seen. The front side held rows and rows of sparkly silver-looking windows splattered with rainwater. We climbed out, bowing our heads against the rain, and got our luggage outside of the trunk. Clare and I ran inside the hotel lobby ahead of her parents. I stopped short once inside.

The lobby was huge, full of people bustling around. The floors were tiled with platinum colored tiles, matching the gray walls and the silver-gray furniture clustered in one corner, which held several young women chatting away in Spanish.

“Wow,” I murmured.

“Wow,” murmured Clare. Her long arm extended, pointing to the ceiling. I looked up at the direction she was pointing in. Hanging from the ceiling was a superlative chandelier – a huge one made from dozens of teardrop shaped glass that brilliantly reflected the light from the lamps on the wall, creating a rainbow of colors. It was as spectacular as the rest of the hotel – at least, of what we had seen of it.

By then Clare’s parents had arrived in the lobby, soaking wet from the rain. We got in line to check in at the check in counter. Fortunately the line passed quickly, and Clare and I chatted about we imagined our suite would be like. I was excited to learn that her parents had their own suite and Clare and I were sharing the suite next door.

We got our room keys and got in the big elevator, which was empty besides us. The door opened on the twentieth floor and we got out, stepping onto the thick carpet, which had an elegant maroon, gold, green, blue, and purple design. We walked along until we found suites 2031 and 2033, which were right next to each other.

Clare eagerly swiped our key in 2033 and we rushed inside as soon as the fancy door opened, stopping short upon entering. The whole suite was even more bravura than the lobby and its vast chandelier. There was hardwood flooring with gold and silver area rugs. We were standing in what would be called the living room, I guess – on the wall opposite us were two immense windows. On the left wall was a wooden stand holding a big TV. On the opposite wall of that was a big silver colored couch.

Further along the wall was a white door which led into the huge bedroom, which looked similar to the living room except it was smaller and two king sized beds with silver comforters replaced the big couch. There was also a bathroom and a closet off to the side.

We both started squealing and jumping up and down all over again. This was the beginning of an exciting adventure, but, although we didn’t know it at the time, it would be much more exciting than we first anticipated.

***

The next day sometime after lunchtime Clare’s parents were off someplace unidentified to Clare and I, who were swimming in one of the huge swimming pools. Today was sunny and hot, and so far we had spent almost the whole day cooling off in one of the three swimming pools.

“Hey, what do you say we go back to the hotel room now?” Clare asked. “I’m done swimming for today and I heard there’s a bar. We can get some virgin pina coladas.”

“All right,” I agreed. I was getting thirsty. We climbed out of the pool, grabbing our towels. I glanced at Clare in her skimpy black bikini. She glanced at me in my skimpy hot pink bikini.

After drying off, slipping into our flip flops, and wrapping our towels around our waits, we went inside the hotel and got into the elevator. Back in suite 2033, we both sat on my bed, side by side, squeezing moisture out of our hair. We had intended to take showers first, but instead we got talking and talking and talking for what seemed like a long time.

And then we stopped talking. It was something that had never happened before. We just stopped talking and looked into each other eyes. And before I knew what was happening, Clare had drawn me in for a long kiss.

To be continued…




© Copyright 2008 Beautiful Dreamer (jen_talbot at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1370030-Her-First-Lesbian-Love