*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1370045-The-little-princess
Rated: E · Poetry · Personal · #1370045
written for a friend of mine when she was going through a very rough time in her life
The little princess is alone in her room…wondering when her prince will come. She keeps searching and seeking to find that true love, the one who will guard her heart and her emotions from the dragons, and the evil knights at the palace door. She’s feeling so empty and lost, she really wants to die. But all she is able to do, is be alone in her palace and cry.

The people of her court, try to help her find the joy; she once had felt, so long ago, when she finally had found that boy. That boy to love her, or so she hoped, simply for who she was. The one who would never destroy her heart, the one who she could trust with her thoughts and her love. Could this really be the knight she has always dreamed of?? She came to learn after some time, that the knight was running away. Was she devastated, absolutely…she didn’t know what to say, to her children; her friends; and those that she loved, when she was slowing dying inside. She wanted her life to be an open book to him, but instead she realized she needed to hide. The emotions, the hurts, the pain that she felt, because he couldn’t really see…that the person he hurt the most was the one who he supposedly loved.

The kingdom priest came to see the princess one day, and he really didn’t know what to say. He knew her heart, he knew of her pain, and he wanted to show her the way…the way to find comfort, the way to find joy, that no other man could give. He tried to demonstrate to her, she truly had a reason to live. The God he talked of would love her, and would never let her go. Part of her believed him, but a bigger part hurt so. She cried out to the God, of the priest’s life and soul, she needed his help, she didn’t know what else to do….her tears fell like the storm in the fall. She cried from her heart, she cried from her soul, her pain was easy to see. In the darkness of that stormy night, the princess wanted to be free.

To rise above the pain inside, to defeat the hurt and fear. She so desperately wanted to believe that the end of her rejection was near. Did it end immediately for her…unfortunately not, but one thing was made clear. The princess had work to do with others, and her pain would help many to see…that they had a purpose, that they were important, and they could achieve all the things they could ever believe. See the princess wasn’t always a princess, she came from the street…and someone believed in her enough to help her achieve. Even though she was hurt, the princess knew, this was something she was meant to do. To show her children and those she loved, that ANYTHING is possible, for those who believe.

So if you feel like that princess, lost in the dark…remember that there’s a God, who will hear you in your fear. He will listen to your pain, and take away your ache, because you and so many others have so much at stake. Rise above the hurt, it won’t be easy, but you see, when you fight, you can and will win, and in time be TRULY FREE.
© Copyright 2008 My Time is Now (mytimeisnow at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1370045-The-little-princess