*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1370118-Mafia--Day-1
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Detective · #1370118
Based off of the game "Mafia"
Mafia by Dante Nasbb

Chapter 1-Day 1

It was another December day in Montana. Apu was surprised that his 7-11 had gotten a good crowd of customers during the cold season. Apu’s building and “Karl’s Car Garage” were both miles away from civilization. Apu counted the people in the store, 1, 2, 3, hey, that woman, he swore he could’ve seen her before. A cop car pulled up in the parking lot, Apu saw his friend Sean Paulsen walk in; followed by a man and a woman that weren’t in uniform. Sean was a medium sized guy, possibly in his mid-40s, with blonde hair. Sean walked up to Apu’s counter, “Evening Apu, how’s it going?” “Fairly well, I’m surprised there are a lot of customers here,” Apu said as he took a sip of his coffee. “Well, I’m glad it’s going good for you today, I brought a couple of rookies along; I’ve got to talk to you about something.” Sean was about to talk to Apu when it looked as Apu was choking on something. “Hey, you ok?” Sean’s question was soon answered as Apu began to vomit large amounts of vomit. The people in the store looked in horror as one shouted, “What the hell?!” Apu fell to the ground as Sean held his hand, Apu gripped it tight, and then died. Sean stared at him, got up, and asked, “Is there a doctor here?” Everyone stood there silent; one man was about to raise his hand when attention was drawn to the parking lot. Explosions began to go off as everyone saw the cars in the parking lot explode, one after another. People were even more puzzled at this point, Sean heard a whisper in his ear, “I’m a doctor, I’ll take a look at the clerk, though it looks we have more to worry about.” Sean turned around and saw a man who looked in his 30s, and had a beard and short hair, in front of him, “Ok, I’m Sean Paulsen.” “John Ford,” the doctor said as he walked over to Apu. People began to scream in confusion for minutes while John did his work, silence was once again brought as the door opened. A man that had a bloodied face limped into the store, he fell to the ground as he said, “I think something’s bad is happening.” A young, brown haired woman ran to him as she picked him up, “What happened,” she asked. “I don’t know, I was driving my car when the tires just burst, I crashed into a tree, heard some explosions and walked toward the noise.” The man lifted his head and looked at Sean, “Hey there Sean.” “Hey Kyle.” “Sean, what’s going on?” John got up and whispered something in Sean’s ear. Sean looked around the room and said, “Well people, I hate to alarm you, but it seems that Apu was murdered.” Shocked expressions were shared all around as Sean quickly scanned the crowd and then walked to Kyle. “You okay?” “Yeah, I’ll be alright.” “Who did it,” Sean yelled. No one answered, “God damn it! Come forward!” A young black haired woman exited the bathroom as she yelled, “Guys, I heard loud noises and hid in the bathroom till I heard the yelling, what happened?” Everyone looked at her as a man with glasses and black hair, known as Alex Hutchinson, pointed at her and said, “Her! She killed the clerk and destroyed the cars!” “What,” Erin Nolan said as she was confused by the accusation. Another man known as Omer Farooq pointed at her and said, “That man is right, it’s her, I demand blood, kill her!” Alex and Omer chanted, “Kill her! Kill her,” as others began to follow. “What are you guys talking about? I was in the bathroom,” she turned and saw Apu dead and shrieked. People began to run at her as Sean yelled, “That’s enough!” Everyone turned towards him. “Now it may be her, it may not be, we have no proof, just suspicion,” Sean looked at his watch, “It’s getting late, how about we all sleep this thought of more death out of our minds, we’ll deal with this in the morning, we need to find a way out of here too.” Alex said, “Why don’t we just walk to town?” Sean walked outside, pulled off the thermometer Apu had outside and showed it to the audience, “-20 degrees Fahrenheit. Walking that far of a distance, we’ll freeze. It may get colder.” Omer pointed at Kyle, “Well how about that guy’s car.” Kyle answered, “It’s totaled, buddy, we’ll need to sort this out later, as Sean said.” People began to take the advice and found places to lie down. Sean pointed at Kyle to John and said, “Be sure to treat him.” Kyle looked at the woman next to him and said, “Thanks for helping me up, my name’s Kyle Hutslar.” “I’m Shana Reigler, nice to meet you,” she shook his hand. As the night grew darker, some people didn’t sleep as well as others, but no one could imagine the terror and violence soon to come.
© Copyright 2008 Dante Nasbb (kbomb13 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1370118-Mafia--Day-1