*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1370209-boogie-man-gets-beat
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Family · #1370209
this is a true story of a time in my childhood
Ok I was nine or ten years old, and I was convinced that I was a vampire. I told everyone about it. I avoided sunlight cause it burns vampires. I bit everyone cause that is what vampires do. and I avoided the tub, just in case it was blessed.

  Any way I keep this up untill my brother's birthday. (My vampire life was coming to an end wether I liked it or not.) My brother had got a new Thunder cat sword for his birthday. It lit up, and made sounds, and the little brat wouldn't let me play with it,so I bit him. Needless to say i was sent to my room with no supper.( And they wondered why I keep biting people.)

  A few hours later my brother came in holding his new toy, and grining ear to ear. I let it slip about the boogie man hiding under his bed, and he yelled for dad.(Oops.)
I was now laying in bed tossing and turning, (Partly because my brother wouldn't share his new toy, and partly because my father had just tanned my hide.) when I realised vampires don't sleep in beds, they sleep in coffins, or hanging up side down in caves. I knew the perfect spot.

  I opened the closet door, and attempted to hang from the bar. I was making a lot of racket, but managed to get myself hung upside down. As I closed my eyes the closet door opened, and the next thing I knew I was being beaten and hearing Thunder Thunder Thunder Cats Hoooo.

By this time my father came running down the hall yelling "What the hell is going on?" My brother runs out of the room yelling "I got the boogie man dad! I got the boogie man!" And there I am beaten and brused hanging upside down in the closet.
© Copyright 2008 midnight shadow (shadowdove at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1370209-boogie-man-gets-beat