*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1371466-Heroin-and-Hostility-Introduction
Rated: 13+ · Other · Drama · #1371466
Leah's heroin addiction gets out of hand.

Heroin and Hostility: Introduction

“I had not taken a bath in a year nor changed my clothes or removed them except to stick a needle every hour in the fibrous grey wooden flesh of heroin addiction. . . . I did absolutely nothing.”
-William S. Burroughs

Leah heard her mom calling her down to breakfast, "Come on honey, you're going to be late for school." School: Leah yearned to put that word out of her vocabulary. She couldn't even remember a time when school was something she could look forward to. As no teenager enjoys school, you best believe that Leah disliked it even more. There was nothing exciting about it anymore. No friends, no concentration, no motivation. In fact, the only reason she still went was so that her parents could still have an ounce of hope in the disappearing girl.
That's basically all Leah was doing these days...Disappearing. Disappearing from security, reality, and boundaries. She longed for the day she'd feel united with fulfillment, yet she knew if she stayed warped up in this cycle, she would just keep colliding with misinterpretations of happiness.
As much as she wanted to find a way out of the repetitive, indecisive state of mind; She also know that once she heard the enemy calling again, she would be back for more.
© Copyright 2008 Miss Meaghan (missmeaghan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1371466-Heroin-and-Hostility-Introduction