*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1372270-NESTON-CRYPT-PAEDOPHILE-RING-WIRRAL
by sara_
Rated: 13+ · Bulletin · Other · #1372270
TRUE CRIME, NESTON, WIRRAL. CHILD SEX CASE.
NESTON WIRRAL CRYPT PAEDOPHILE RING

Why the men involved have escaped justice

When three men were questioned over allegations of child molestation in Little Neston on the Wirral, there was a wall of silence surrounding the suspects private lives.

The men outwardly seemed like upstanding members of the Neston community, coupled with them being successful business men, for Police this was to prove difficult to investigate.

The only material evidence linking the men to the children involved in the abuse was a business card left amongst gifts that were given to the children during the period of abuse, when questioned one of the men initially admitted knowing one of the children but after legal consultation later denied this.

What made this case difficult for the police was the use of masks by the perpetrators to hide their identity’s from the children, further investigation was made difficult because the men were willing to use expensive legal representation to fight any allegations by the victims of the abuse, also the group had seemingly cast iron alibis during the alleged period of abuse, some said the alibis were “All too perfect”, and some even, claimed this to be the tip of the ice berg in terms of a national paedophile ring operating out of Neston on the Wirral.

Finally after months of Investigation the police arrested the three men and a court date was set for August 1996.

Three families were due to give evidence and testify in court, but one of the families refused to attend court after their home was broken into and filled with horse manure and other waste materials.

The family claimed it to be the work of paid thugs, used by the business men to scare them before the trial in August 1996.

Without the testimony of the family police were unable to secure a prosecution against the men and the case collapsed, the three men walked free from court seemingly untouchable.

A shocking part of this case is that it received next to no media coverage In Neston, neither in newspapers, radio or television, again there are claims the local media were paid to keep “hush” concerning the allegations of child sex abuse, all three of the families involved with the case no longer live in the North West due to fear of reprisals from the men involved.

© Copyright 2008 sara_ (dove77 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1372270-NESTON-CRYPT-PAEDOPHILE-RING-WIRRAL