*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1372906-GZI
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Death · #1372906
SHORT STORY WITH US BALLAS

GZI
Episode one...

It all started on that brittle and unusually warm October morning, the day of Reckoning some would call it. I call it the Inevitable Hour. It was cloudy and "ominous" as Simon would say. The 28th was the day... I soon learned to never forget that number. And some people say the 13th is an unlucky number. Aaron, his brother, Jack, Simon and I have entered our usual park of last resort, even though it had always been our first choice. We had arrived to play our usual monotone game of handball. The clouds were dense except for one area where only a little blue had shown through.
"Ominous... we should never play Handball on a day like this. Nothing good ever comes from Ominousness" Simon said as he chased Jack into the courts.
"Leave me alone!" Cried Jack.

We were waiting for the rest of our group to come join us to spend the day together like we always did. But we did not notice anything strange on this day. Our park was located at the very tip of Manhattan. And was usually deserted in the morning. So we played our favorite sport for about a hour.
"Where the hell is everybody?" asked Aaron.
"How should i know? My phone's been acting up I cant get a damn single signal." I replied.
"Maybe I should help you catch one. I'll just need to find some tables to jump around on." We both laughed
"Hey! Guys! Do you hear that?" Jack sounded confused
"What in the Hell are you talking about" retorted Simon.

We listened closely. It was a quiet siren. One that sounded very far away. It was like one of those sirens you would hear during a bombing raid, if one had ever occurred. Two thoughts instantly came into my head. False alarm and World War Two. But as for the other Three, only one though arosed to their perverted minds;
"Another store probably got robbed again!" We all laughed.

That was probably the last time we laughed without being hysterical. We soon decided to begin walking towards Flower, another familiar dwelling to satisfy our daily needs, in hopes to find the rest of our friends. On our way there, there was an uneasy hue in the air. There was no cacophony of annoying little children in the park. It was desolate.
"What's going on? Some thing is wrong, i can feel it!" said Simon.
"Holy shit, wouldn't it be cool if we were the last people on earth? I mean we would have to resort to other forms of pleasure, but hell, sacrifices need to be made" I joked.

We tried to contact our companions again but failed. We were seated on the benches near the Handball courts and didn't know what to do next. From the corner of my eye, I saw a quick movement. I looked over and saw a man running past us screaming bloody murder. The man's face was in a state of trepidation. I was terrified, but everyone else seemed to be just plain confused.
"...Now that was freaky!" whispered Jack.
"No.This is freaky" Simon pointed at Jacks face.

I still remember that man's face to this day... And what we did next was the worst possible mistake i made on that day. We decided to walk towards Seward, once again thinking that we may find them. The area was empty. It was once again a ghost town. I walked into the dumpling show while the rest sat at the empty park. I was a bit hungry so i wanted to order something. I entered and the silence was overwhelming.
"Hello?" I whispered.

I couldn't help but to whisper, my voice wouldn't let out any more sound. A blood curdling scream arose from the kitchen. Quick foot steps filled the air. Appliances, dishes, pans were tossed around in an odium fashion. An old woman appeared at the entrance to the kitchen. Frowning angrily, she stared at me with crimson filled eyes. Not just blood shot, but full crimson... She was wearing a bloody apron with her hair loose from the netting. The fist she were holding were dripping with the discharge of violence. Her mouth was torn apart by what seemed like imprudent consumption. She opened her talons and flew at me with inhumane speed. I cried out as I tumbled through the door with the pugnacious woman. I was trying to hold her off of me and screamed for reinforcements. She was tearing at my chest and tried to bite me with her merciless mouth.
© Copyright 2008 Infectious Bite (clonedone at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1372906-GZI