*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1373655-What-I-Learned-on-Saturday-Morning
Rated: E · Other · Religious · #1373655
An inspiring look at how cartoons can change your life
Remember Saturday morning cartoons? I mean the good ones from back in the day. You know the ones you got up to watch with a bowl of sugar coated chocolate frosty bombs and didn’t move until Fat Albert was over. (It was always the last one) Turns out, God was teaching us something with those. I’ve jotted down a few notes on what I’ve figured out so far.

GI Joe – knowing is only half the battle
Matthew 8:29; Mark1:23&24; Mark 3:11; Mark5:7; Acts 19:15
All the these scriptures point out the fact that the demons know who Christ is and even submit to His authority, but it’s not enough. In Matthew 25 Christ teaches that many will call upon His name, but only a few will enter. James 2:19 says, “You believe that there is one God, good. Even the demons believe that - and shudder.”

Superfriends – Even superman needs friends
Hebrews 10:25
Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.
We are not meant to be Lone Rangers and face it even he had Tonto. Remember Proverbs 27:17 “As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another”

Smurfs – no one is past salvation
Remember Smurfette? She was made as by Gargamel as part of one of his evil schemes, but good old Papa Smurf was able to change her. Likewise you just can’t outdo God’s grace. Most of the first part of the book of Romans addresses this fact, but I think Romans 3: 22-24 sums it up.
“This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.”

Scooby Doo – the enemy will often work in disguise
In 2 Corinthians 11: 13-15 Paul shares,
“For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, masquerading as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. It is not surprising, then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve.”
So be on your guard and don’t except things for what they seem. Always test what you are being taught against the scriptures.

Transformers – there needs to be more than meets the eye
Jesus spoke on this many times. He did so on the sermon on the mount when he told us not to let the right hand know what the left was doing. I think 1 Samuel 16: 7 says it straight.
“But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.”

Popeye – know where your strength comes from
Over and over again the bible talks about God being the source for our strength. I like the way David said it in Psalms 18:32, “It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect.”

Xmen – we all have different gifts and we need to work as a team
I think Romans 12:3-5 says enough.
“For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you. Just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others.”

Spiderman – with great power comes great responsibility
1 Corinthians 13. The whole chapter teaches what we should expect from love. It also says if we have be given gifts we should have this love.

HeMan –Everybody needs a sword, it has power
Ephesians 6:17
Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
In case you didn’t know it God spoke the universe into existence. It God’s word is that powerful, don’t you think you should plug into it?

Batman – never go anywhere without your belt
Ephesians 6:14
Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place…
The truth is out there and His name is Jesus.

Road Runner /Coyote – never buy from ACME
Oh come on are you really going to rely on the tings of this earth to save you?
Psalms 20:7
Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God.

Gem – sometimes you’ve got to be truly outrageous
1 Corinthians 9:22
To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some.
This isn’t a license to do whatever, but sometimes we need to look and be different or at least understand where they are coming from. The abundant life is attractive when lived to its fullest!

Yogi – you’ve got to be smarter than the average bear
2 Timothy 2:15
Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.
And that’s why you read this entire paper.
© Copyright 2008 Mr. Meta4 (impactwriter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1373655-What-I-Learned-on-Saturday-Morning