*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/137385-Pepper-Dog
by Kings
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Animal · #137385
There he was my little dog lying on the railroad tracks.

Pepper Dog

I remember the times growing up as a boy in my little country town. The school sit up on the hill over looking the little valley town. I could see my home from the school it was just down the road, or railroad Tracks.

So I would walked from the school to my home for lunch every day. So down the railroad tracks I walked one day. There at a distance I could see my little dog Pepper laying on the railroad tracks. I called to him he did not move. I knew he was dead and my heart was broken. I could not understand why my best friend had to die in such a horrible way. I guess it was hard for a boy of only eight to comprehend.

Even though it hurts deep inside when you loose your best friend. Still in my heart I wished the Lord would have allowed me to play with him one more time. To run up and down the hills through the valleys and meadows of the country side, me and Pepper dog , together.

By: Kings{/b}
© Copyright 2001 Kings (tazzy1228 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/137385-Pepper-Dog