*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1374742-home-improvement-humanism
Rated: E · Essay · History · #1374742
compairs humanist ideas with the ideas of controling social classes
Home Improvement: Humanism
Jake Loffer
The relationship between Greek and Roman thinking and the ideas of humanist thinking was how differently they respected and thought of people as just plain people. In the following few paragraphs I will compare the two together to relate their ideas and beliefs.
First I’m going to discuss the BAD one, Birthright. Birthright is a system where a citizen of the Middle Ages would not be able to move up in society socially and financially. Whoa! Several little red flags just went up! That violates many of the rights of mankind. We now know that social status is determined by how hard you work and your mental and physical abilities. Because of Social Classes the number of peasants increased. Since they had the biggest population it made the most dramatic increase on that spot of society. In our time now to achieve middle/upper class you must work your tail off.
Now we will speak about humanist ways of thinking. Humanists focused on the worth of the individual. Since they developed that they were obviously favored by lower class peasants. In the eyes of the humanists everyone was created equal and so, in turn, treated equal. Humanist ways were obviously more sophisticated and ethical so it was a favorable choice over social classes and birthright thinkers.
So I have a little question for you. If you lived back then and were born and died a farmer would you rather:
A) be an unethical birthright thinker or…
B) be the more favorable humanist thinker
I would chose b if I were in your spot(and I’m assuming that you did too!)
As you can clearly see humanist was the “right way” and although it did have some downsides it was a better way to treat and judge people(if there is a correct way to judge…)
© Copyright 2008 J4K3 L02234 (superjakel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1374742-home-improvement-humanism