*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1374835-Just-Trust-Me
Rated: E · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1374835
This is something I wrote for school. Hope you like it. Please leave a review.
         They sat and watched as the sun sank into the endless sea. Showing its brilliance one last tine as streaks of red, yellow, pink paraded across the few clouds, before the fiery orb was extinguished in the darkening waters.
         She shivered as a cold wind rippled over the pebbles on the beach. Strong, familiar arms tightened around her. She lent into him, wishing they could stay like that forever. He kissed the top of her head, letting strands of her sandy hair tickle the back of his neck.
         She felt him sigh and move around to face her. Tears welled and a single drop traced a path down her cheek. His light fingertip brushed it away.
         “It will be alright.” He whispered. “You know I'm right.” A mischievous grin spread over his features.
         Anger flashed in her flooded eyes, “I'm getting married tomorrow, to I-Don't-Know-Who. Probably a fat, old, rich widow with five children. And I'll have to move miles away, and I'll never see you again.” Her eyes overflowed at this. “How will that be alright?”
         He held her close. “It will be. Just trust me.”

         Her carriage jiggled to a halt outside the church. Her white, flowing gown shimmering in the morning sun. She quickly glanced down the road, hoping he would come and take her away.
         She walked down the isle. Head down. Hand resting on her fathers arm.
They stopped and her father kissed her lightly on the cheek. She walked a few steps, alone, head still down. A familiar hand stopped her. Looking up she saw a mischievous grin. Sea blue eyes flashing in excitement.
         She placed her hand in the one in front of her. A wonderfully delightful sensation swept through her as he led her to the alter.
                   “I told you to trust me.”



To read more of my stories follow this link: http://www.writing.com/main/view_item/user_id/celtic_writer
© Copyright 2008 Cathleen Miller (celtic_writer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1374835-Just-Trust-Me