*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1375160-Salamanca-Magical-Girls-Chap-1-Part-2
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Fantasy · #1375160
Five girls try to stop the invading darkness with the help of 5 spirits. 1st chapter
                                  SALAMANCA: MAGICAL GIRLS

                                CHAPTER 1: THE MAGIC BEGINS
                                                  PART 2

                The monster screeched and snapped it's fangs at Kate. She tried to run, but her legs were frozen in terror. Is this really the end.
                Luckily, Wisp appeared on his Spirit form and got ready to use the same technique to blind Rasgul and his lizard. “Close your eyes, girl!”
         Kate did as told, and when she opened her eyes again, the man and his monster were covering their eyes and yelling and shouting angrily. Wisp flew towards her and told her, “Run! Let us escape!”
         Wisp doesn’t have to tell him twice. Kate ran to the streets in the afternoon sun, with Wisp flying behind him. “So that’s your true form?” she asked him.
         “Yes, but I can’t retain it for long,” Wisp said. “In order to be able to exist in your world, I must turn into an animal. When I’m in this form, no human can see me.”
         “But why can I see you?” Kate asked.
         Wisp gave out a gasp. “You can see me?”
         “Yeah, as clear as the sky,” Kate answered.
         Wisp was in a deep thought. Could it be? He thought. She must be…
         “What is your name?” the Spirit asked.
         “Oh yeah, my name,” Kate said. “It’s Kate. Kate Pearson.”
         When they got to an intersection of the road, several men were blocking their way. “Oh, great,” Kate said. “Don’t tell me their demons, too!”
         “Yes!” Wisp answered. “Kate, let us find a safe place to hide.”
         Kate saw an alley. “This way!” she said. The two took a detour and hid behind a big rectangular trash container.
         “This stinks!” Kate complained, covering her nose.
         “Kate, please give me your arm,” Wisp told her.
         “Give you my what?” Kate repeated.
         “Please trust me,” Wisp said. “Let me hold your left arm.” Reluctantly, Kate obliged. Wisp wrapped his long yellow tail on her arm and it glowed. A pink bracelet encrusted with yellow diamonds and a large yellow star-shaped jewel on the center suddenly appeared on her arm.
         “What is this?” Kate asked. The bracelet shined magnificently.
         “That is a magical device,” Wisp explained. “With that, I can lend you my powers by uniting with your soul.”
         “Uniting with my soul?”
         Wisp nodded. “It is a spell called Spirit Union. With it, you can gain my magical powers and you can fight the demons and send them away from your world.”
         “But why me?” she asked. “Can’t you fight them yourself?”
         Wisp shook his head. “They are too many, and I will lose my energy easily because I am not an entity of this dimension.”
         Kate heard some people screaming. That man must have bought his pet to the streets.
         “There is no time, Kate,” Wisp told her. “You are the only one who can save your world.”
         “I can’t believe this,” Kate said in despair. “But I’ve got no choice. What should I do?”
         Wisp’s body glowed, and then he turned into a card. The card had a picture of a silver-masked golden lion. Wisp’s voice spoke from the card. “Swipe this card in the slot in the large star jewel in the device. Then, shout this spell: ‘Lumina Salamanca!’.”
         “Lumina Salamanca?” Kate repeated.
         “Go!” Wisp yelled.
         “Here goes nothing!” Kate breathed deeply and gave out a sigh. She took the card and swiped it in the slot as Wisp told her to. The bracelet glowed brightly. “Lumina Salamanca!”
         The bracelet’s pink and golden glow covered Kate’s entire body. She felt her uniform was changing into something else. It turned into a pink cotton dress that ends inches above the knee. The collar of the dress was star-shaped and pink in color with a white line in the ends. At the center of the collar was a golden star that served as the pendant of a pink ribbon. A golden belt appeared on her waist, which was encrusted by pink diamonds and a pink heart-shaped buckle enclosing a golden star-shaped jewel in the center. Her skirt, which was connected to the blouse, was pink in color and decorated by small pink-and-white ribbons. It has white ends like the collar with a wavy pattern.
         A pair of long pink gloves appeared on her arms, which extends up to inches below her shoulder. It was also decorated by a golden star jewel positioned on the hands and has white ends like the skirt with the same wavy pattern. The pair of boots that appear on her feet is identical in design with her gloves and it extends up to the knees.
         A pair of golden star-shaped earrings appeared on her ears and a golden coronet encrusted with a large pink diamond on the center appeared on her head, glittering with her long blonde hair. Finally, a golden staff appeared with a star enclosed in a circle decorated with long eloped rings that surrounds the circle in the top. The bottom is circular in shape.
         The glow left Kate’s body and returned to the bracelet which didn’t change a bit. “Star Sorceress! Lumina Salamanca!” Kate yelled, but she didn’t know why she said it. She just felt like saying it.
         “So, what do I do now?” Kate asked, looking at her costume. “I look like I’m dressed for a party or something.”
         “You now have the power of Light in your hands,” Wisp’s voice said. “Your strength and agility also doubled, and you can fight as long as the device glows.”
         “Ah, Wisp?” she asked. “Where are you?”
         “I’m inside of you now,” Wisp said. “But I cannot do anything, but to communicate through your mind. I will help you fight them.”
         “Okay,” Kate said. “So, let’s go then!”

         Rasgul returned to his original form and created havoc in the streets of the city. He rode on his lizard-horse which was firing beams of lightning anywhere while the bunch of horned and crystal-forehead demons followed him. Most of the people were hiding.
         “Where is that girl?” he asked in a booming voice. “That yellow-haired girl with the Spirit, where is she? If I have to destroy this city to find her, I will!”
         “Looking for me?” Kate asked from the top of one of the two-storey buildings. She was in her costume, and she jumped down to the ground.
         “You are not the girl who escaped with the Spirit,” Rasgul observed.
         “Yes, I’m not,” Kate said. “But I united with the Guardian Spirit of Light. I am Lumina Salamanca, Star Sorceress, Protector of Light and Order!”
         “That was an amazing speech,” Wisp said from her mind.
         “Yeah, I know,” Kate agreed. She looked at Rasgul, and he had a burning glare. “But that brute didn’t look amazed!”
         “Destroy her!” Rasgul commanded the demons, and they all charged towards her.
         “So how do I fight?” Kate asked Wisp.
         “What? You haven’t fought anyone before?” Wisp asked.
         “Unfortunately, yes,” Kate confessed. But she can’t waste time, the demons are coming. “Well, I’ll just have to learn now.”
         The first demon attacked with its sharp claws but Kate dodged it. She slammed the demon with her staff and it flew to the ground. The impact reduced the demon to black particles. “Wow, I didn’t know I was so strong,” Kate said in surprise.
         “I told you, your strength and agility doubled,” Wisp repeated. More of the demons approached, but she was faster and stronger than they are. She slammed and hit the demons to their death.
          Then the demons started firing red beams with their crystals. Kate tried to evade them with her speed. “Hey! I didn’t know they could do that!” she said.
         “Hold your position and shout ‘Divine Barrier’,” Wisp tutored.
         Kate did as told. “Divine Barrier!” she yelled, and the staff gave out a light that turned into a barrier. The demon’s beams can’t penetrate the shield.
         “Now point your staff to the direction of the demons and shout ‘Star Shots’,” Wisp said.
         Kate followed. “Star Shots!” she yelled, and the staff sent out three balls of light that shot out and hit three of the demons. The defeated demons turned into black particles.
         “What are you doing?” Rasgul yelled at the demons. “You cannot win against a sorceress’ projectiles. Now, do your speed attacks!” The demons complied.
         “Speed attacks?” Kate wondered. The demons used all of their speed and ran around the battleground. “What are they doing?” The demons looked like their multiplying because of their amazing speed.
         “Quick!” Wisp said. “Use ‘Shining Circle’!”
         “Shining Circle!” Kate yelled, raising the staff. A circular blade of light appeared and sped through the demon’s feet, sending them all to the floor. Then it grew long and surrounded the demons, and then forced them to stick with one another and trapped them all. “That was pretty good!”
         “Now use ‘Holy Ball’! It will get rid of them for good!” Wisp said.
         “Holy Ball!’ Kate yelled as she raised her staff. Light particles began to accumulate in the top of the staff, until it grew to an enormous sphere of light. She sent the sphere falling towards the demons, and erased them from the world.
         “Now, only one to go!” Kate said, pointing at the demon’s commander.
         “Don’t you mean two?” Rasgul said, laughing. He still has his lizard-horse.
         “Be careful, Kate,” Wisp warned her. “That demon is Rasgul, a Servant of Darkness, one of the generals of Autipur, the one who manipulated the Gateways.”
         “Oh, I see,” Kate understood.
         “Prepare to fall, Sorceress!” Rasgul yelled.
         “The only one who’s gonna fall is you, you ugly brute!” Kate shot back.
         “What!” Rasgul shouted in anger. “Nobody can call me ugly! Now you are making me mad!” He charged madly at Kate, riding in the lizard. But before he can hit her, Kate jumped away. But then, Rasgul was quick and he was able to hold one of her feet.
         “What?” Kate said in surprise. Rasgul pulled her back and threw her to the ground. Kate crashed in the city streets.
         “I told you to be careful!” Wisp said, somewhat agitated. However, Kate was able to stand on both feet.
         “Zap her!” Rasgul commanded his lizard, and it shot a beam of lightning from its mouth.
         “Divine Barrier!” Kate yelled and protected herself from the beam. But the beam from the lizard is endless, and the barrier is breaking up.
         “Kate! The barrier can’t take it any longer!” Wisp said. Kate had no choice but to run away from the beam. But the beam followed wherever she goes, Rasgul was commanding the lizard to follow her every move.
         “HAHAHA!” Rasgul laughed. “Now let me see you try to close my beast’s mouth.”
         “Close its mouth?” Kate repeated. “That’s it!”
         “What’s ‘it’?” Wisp asked.
         “I hope this works!” Kate said, as she stopped running. The lightning beam came closer, but before it could fry her, she jumped in mid-air and got ready with her staff. “Shining Circle!”
         The blade of light went straight to the beam as Kate expected. It surrounded the beam and flew towards the reptile’s mouth. The circle closed its snout and stopped it from using its beams. “What?” Rasgul said, his jaws dropping.
         Kate landed safely on the ground. “Now let’s see what your lizard can do without its beams!” Rasgul stepped back in fright. With its snout blocked, he and his pet are like sitting ducks.
         Kate raised her staff, and light particles started to accumulate again. It turned into a giant sphere of light. “Holy Ball!” she yelled, as she threw the gigantic orb towards the beast and its master.
         Rasgul jumped off his ride, and was able to escape, but his reptile didn’t. The sphere reduced the monster into bits. He’s furious, but armyless. “I won’t forget this!” he said, as a red portal appeared behind him. He jumped inside the portal and disappeared.
         With her enemies defeated, Kate gave out a sigh. “That was close,” she said.
         “But you did very well, Kate,” Wisp told her. “Your plan was magnificently surprising.”
         “Thanks, Wisp,” Kate said. “But what about Rasgul?”
         “Do not worry,” Wisp assured her. “He has returned to the Demon World. But I do not know if they will be back.”
         “In that case,” Kate concluded. “Let’s go home and rest. I can worry about other things tomorrow.”

         “No, you can’t keep the cat,” Daniel told Kate that night. She was asking for his permission to keep the cat in the house. All of her family, except him agreed to let the cat stay.
         “But Daniel,” Kate reasoned, visibly tired. “He’s a good cat. He won’t bother you, I promise.” Some of Kate’s former cats ate his snack when he went out for a chat.
         “What’s his name anyway?” Daniel asked. “He looked like a stray cat.”
         “Wisp,” Kate answered.
         “Wisp?” Daniel repeated, wondering why she chose such a weird name.
         “Wisp…oleon!” Kate stammered. “Right, it’s Wispoleon.”
         “Wispoleon?” Daniel said. “What kind of name is that?”
         “Yes, what an awful and unsuitable name,” Wisp said, through her mind.
         “SHUT UP!” Kate yelled in anger, annoyed. “STOP COMPLAINING, WILL YOU?!” Then, she realized that Daniel could hear her, and she covered her mouth.
         Daniel was shocked. “Geez, Kate,” he said. “If you really want to keep the cat, just say so!”
         Kate gave out a sigh. This is the beginning of a LONG, LONG journey.

                                                      * * *
                                          END OF CHAPTER 1

Up Next:          
Salamanca: Magical Girls          Chapter 2:          Hillary’s Wings

Does Hillary really have wings? Read the next chapter to find out!
© Copyright 2008 The Whiz (xjna214 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1375160-Salamanca-Magical-Girls-Chap-1-Part-2