*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1375201-Message-in-a-Bottle
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Other · Other · #1375201
Are the idea's of our Founding Fathers slowly dying?
Ron Paul has been asked repeatedly on why he has become so popular throughout the Internet community. His answer, like all of his positions throughout his career has never changed. Simply stated, it is his message.

With change being such a huge theme of all the major candidates, it seems only fitting that Ron Paul's ideas and philosophy haven't changed at all in his 30 plus years in Congress. But the change Dr. Paul talks about is so far from the status quo, that people are reluctant to believe that these types of ideas can really work today.

Not too long ago though, his ideas were the status quo. His beliefs backed by the Congressional Gospel known as the Constitution, was once the absolute law of the land. The people who fought and died in the American Revolution gave their lives so our Founding Fathers would be able to scribe the famous words that once made our Nation the greatest in the world! The total disregard politicians have today for the Constitution would make Thomas Jefferson roll over in his grave. Can you imagine him endorsing any of the other major candidates?

So I sit here and struggle on a way, an idea on how to keep the message alive. How can I contribute to the cause to restore the Constitution to its deserved greatness? How will I make sure that the ideas of our Founding Fathers never die? How can I make sure that Ron Paul's old school ideas live on in such a dramatic time of change? I thought long and hard about it, and here is what I came up with...

Tomorrow it begins! I will take my children down to the Delaware River, the same river in which General George Washington once crossed only 230 years ago. I will pull out a copy of our Constitution and also a bottle. I will stick the Constitution inside of the bottle, seal it, and send it off into the river. My children, five in all, will do the same. The message will live on. The Constitution will survive. Ron Paul's message will survive. It will survive in the bottle, waiting to be rediscovered.

The seeds have been planted.  The message will be embedded in my children.  The ideas will live on. Ron Paul is only a messenger.  In the end, the only change that will come will be “by the people, for the people!” 

© Copyright 2008 Rick Bink (redbink at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1375201-Message-in-a-Bottle