*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1376204-Man-in-the-Rain
Rated: XGC · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #1376204
crazy man who eats people.
He stood there on the sidewalk, in the rain. Behind her house. He wore an old raincoat, he looked like a creepy sort of ghost. But he wasn't a ghost.

He thought about sitting down on the ground but it was all wet. He'd stood there for some time and he'd actually lost track of time. He didn't know why he was here really. He ran away and she never knew he was there.

She stood outside, watching the rain fall. This rain had been falling for six days now. It was starting to get ridiculous. She thought she heard a splashing sound as he ran by her house again. He yelled something and jumped through the puddles. She tried to follow him, she wanted to have as much fun as he did, but then his face changed. He looked mad and he tore her arm off. He hit her in the back of the head with it. Then he ran away laughing.

He came back a few days later. She wasn't anywhere to be found. He called to her, looked everywhere. He grew frustrated and let out a growling sound. His face was covered in blood. He'd eaten all of her arm now and was hungry again.

The rain stopped. The sun started to come out. He shrieked obscenities at her house. He heard sirens and knew she'd called the police. His hair was wild, he looked as though he'd escaped from an asylum. And maybe he had for all they knew. The cop got out of the car and approached. The man laughed and stomped up and down. Maybe he wanted to play! The man licked his lips. The officer held out a hand to try to stop him.

Big mistake.
© Copyright 2008 MydnightRowan (chndslvmyd666 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1376204-Man-in-the-Rain