*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1376208-Katherine-Pt-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Dara
Rated: E · Other · Action/Adventure · #1376208
A continuation....
Kat was awake. What a strange room.

Besides the bed she was on, which was incredibly soft, the room was mostly brown and white; the brown-red of mahogany, or something similar, and some white wood that made up the walls. Her bedcover was a soft, rich blue, with a silky texture and white fluffy pillows.
The wardrobe was made of the mahogany-like wood. It was carved with the finest detail and formed charming shapes and patterns of flowers or water. Also of that wood was the door frame, without a door, and the window frames. For there were three large frames that formed half of a hexagon, but this was strange: there were no windows, only transparent veils that blew lightly in the breeze. Outside the windows, there were beautiful gray trunks of trees, smooth and straight with soft-looking bark; their leaves were golden and deep red, yet showed no signs of falling. In fact, the thrice-pointed, fat leaves looked positively full with life.
There was a small room branching off with a stone, cup-like item, with a silver basin of steaming water beside it; she realized the stone-thing was a drain, with fluffy cloth beside it. There was another stone item resembling a toilet a bit farther away. It was a bathroom.
Am I in a heaven? Katherine thought. She didn't remember dying, but maybe she had been shot in the back or something. It was possible.
She sat up and inhaled deeply; the air was warm and crisp, with a pleasant buzz to it that she couldn't identify. It gave her energy. Looking down, she saw she wore a very light, green pajama-dress.
Kat located clothes lying on the vanity, connected to and carved as beautifully as the wardrobe. These were, once again, strange but pleasant. It was a white embroidered tunic and maroon breeches. Maybe it was a heaven, because the entire place seemed to suit her strange preferences perfectly.
She cautiously walked out of her room, only to find herself in a living room, just a beautiful as the last room. She quietly admired the room, until she heard a strange rustle. She looked over, and saw the back of a black-haired head peeping out from behind the chair's back.
She was terrified; she screamed shrilly and madly scrambled back to her room, trying to lock the person out, only to remember there was no door. Panicking, she ran to the windows, and threw herself towards the nearest tree. She heard the man calling; calling her name. Swinging herself on top of the tree-branch she'd caught, she crouched among the leaves, trying to take the shape of the shadows.
The man approached the window. He was handsome, to Kat at least. His hair was wavy and in a low ponytail, his eyes bright hazel, and his face long and square-jawed. He looked directly at her hiding place and laughed. He laughed and laughed and laughed while Katherine grew slowly angrier.
"Katherine," he managed after he calmed. "Katherine, come down. As, er, clever as it was to hide in the trees, I can see you and want to explain to you why you're here."
She pretended he didn't exist, and continued to hold still.
"Please?" He asked."I've done nothing to you, except bring you here, but you belong here. Surely you must feel the kindness in the air and the buzz of what you would call 'magic', I believe? I am Lenwe, if that helps."
She slowly descended, and jumped onto the window frame, cat-like.
She quietly asked, "Yes?"

------To be continued.
© Copyright 2008 Dara (unikchika at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1376208-Katherine-Pt-2