*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1376271-Communications
Rated: E · Editorial · Experience · #1376271
Going past the book cover
As humans progress, communications abilities have overtaken physical strength as the most important survival skill. Power in early times required good swordsmanship, horse riding, and physical stamina – everything that required a good physique, health and youth. As age sapped physical strength power shifted to the young lot. Power in the communication age comes with digital infrastructure, writing skills and networking. While there is the opportunity for a new comer to get into the action – it takes loads of money to put together the infrastructure to be heard across the world. Communication empires are not constrained to geographic barriers. As everything else that is money driven – the more you have the more bang you get. And, that is the challenge, in a world of 6.5 billion, a tiny fraction is doing all the broadcasting. They are saying a lot but listening very little. Will the world be better if we just switch off all the broadcasts and reach and connect with our immediate neighbours?
© Copyright 2008 nullbyte (nullbyte at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1376271-Communications