*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1376708-What-brought-me-here
Rated: E · Other · Thriller/Suspense · #1376708
A clip of a story about a young girl.
A cool breeze brushes over my skinny legs and runs over the skin on my thin linky arms. I slowly open my eyes, but just lay there. A motionless feeling consumes my entire body, as if to be paralyzed. I acknowledge each plank of wood that is covering the floor on which I am laying. The shiny covering that makes a smooth surface on each and every piece. I can feel the slick surface of the wood touch the skin on my stomach every time I take a breath. Another gust of wind blows over my silky smooth skin, and goose bumps slowly appear as a shiver runs down my spine. I slowly move my arm and as gentle as possible rub my red puffy eyes. My arm slowly falls right back down and smacks against the oak wood floor. I take a deep breath and use all my strength to pull my arm back to my side. I flatten my hands and press my sweaty palms to the cold slippery floor. I close my eyes, clench my teeth, and use every ounce of energy I have to push my chest up off the ground. I slowly let out a sigh as I open my eyes and look at the puddle of blood in the very area in which my face was previously placed. I began to go into a state of shock. The air was slowly released from my lungs as everything lost its color. My arms went weak, and my vision, black.
© Copyright 2008 Snowbunniebelly (snowbunnibelly at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1376708-What-brought-me-here