*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1376992-Amelia-Raven-3
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Fantasy · #1376992
A day at school with Nicholas? wonderful.
He turned to leave. His face was not the same, though everything else was.
He plastered on a smirk as he saw me.
" Well aren't you a beauty?"
I pushed past him
I was perfectly fine having to move again, I know I couldn't hold back for too long.
" Are you the new girl?"
" It's Raven."
" Yeah." She said uninterested. " Here's your things." She then looked past me.
" Nikko honey, would you show her around the school?" She asked sweetly.
He gave a polite smile. " Of course Nora. If you'll come with me Ms.Raven."
The bell had already rung to go to first period. When we stepped into the hallway, it was completely empty.
" What the hell are you doing here?" I spat.
" I'm here to watch over you. Just enrolled this morning." He said with a smile.
" If you even come close to harming a human I will not hesitate to kill you."
" I'll try to keep it under control, but I can't make any promises." He lightly chuckled.
I threw my things down and had him pinned against a locker, knife to throat.
" Do it Raven, kill me." He said taunting me.
I let out a loud sigh. I knew I couldn't do anything in school, they'd think I'd just committed murder.
I slid my knife back into it's hiding spot, but I did not let Nicholas out of my grip.
I could see him smiling out of the corner of my eye. His hands grabbed my hips and pulled me close.
" I think you've taken a liking to me Lia."
A shiver of anger ran down my spine. Only my brother could call me that.
I began to push away, but I was far too weak. There was nothing I could do.
" What's wrong? Does my touch make you weak?" He asked lightly chuckling.
" Let me go you bastard."
" Why must you fight me?" He said sweetly.
There was a sudden change in his mood, in the atmosphere. There was no more hostility, or lust for blood.
" Why not just give in?"
He brought a hand to my face and placed it on my cheek. He began to lean in closer.
I didn't move, I was awaiting it.
" What are you doing? Get to class." A teacher said before closing his door.
Whiled he was distracted I pushed away.
My senses were way off today. I had let that leech into my mind.
He came a little closer with a smirk.
" What's wrong Amelia?"
I grabbed my things quickly and headed to class. When I entered the whole class looked at me.
" Are you A-" He tried to pronounce my name, but it wasn't working.
" Amelia." I corrected him.
" Ah, Amelia. Why don't you take a seat right over there."
I followed his gaze. There was an empty spot next to a young girl. She reminded me of Cash, they looked exactly alike.
I sit in my seat and look forward. The door suddenly opens.
" Oh Jesus." I whisper to myself.
" And you must be Nikko." The teacher says.
" That's me."
" Alright, sit over there."
Nicholas looks my way and smirks. Half the class looks at me and glares.
" What's wrong Amelia? You seem upset." Nicholas's voice suddenly fills my head.
" Why are you following me?" I thought, knowing he could hear me.
" You spilt my blood, I now, for lack of better words, own you."
I looked at him and glared. I completely forgot about that. If a human makes a vampire bleed, that vampire then has an unwritten claim over that human, and no other vampire can harm them.
" If looks could kill."
I then turned my focus back to the teacher, well, tried. Even if Nicholas wasn't in there I wouldn't be able to pay attention. It was history. I had no need to learn it. I began to draw, a little uneasy. I could feel " Nikko" watching me, as well as some already jealous girls.
I finished my drawing just as the bell rang.
" Who's that?" The girl asked.
" Oh, my brother." I said with a smile.
" It's very good."
" Thank you." I said. " Oh, I'm Amelia."
" Cadence." She said sticking out her hand.
I took it and she quickly pulled away.
" You're a Raven." She said with hatred.
She grabbed her things and ran out of class.
" What did you do to the poor girl?" Nicholas asked from behind me.
I grabbed my things and left the class, Nicholas only a few steps behind me.
" Stop following me." I said halfway to class.
" Why, I'm just going to class." He said, acting offended.
I shook my head and kept walking.
I stopped a few steps later as a dizzy sensation spread through me. Before I knew it, I was falling to the ground. The last thing I remember before darkness, was Nicholas catching me.
© Copyright 2008 YoruHane (yoruhane at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1376992-Amelia-Raven-3