*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1377317-Legacy-of-the-Dog-walker
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Other · Horror/Scary · #1377317
I was supposed to try and make a fantasy story involving a police interrogation.
“Ok from the top. Tell us what happened,” the cop said
“I was walking my dog through the park. My dog went to the tree next to that broken bench and it looked up. He immediately whimpered in fright and ran behind me hiding from this invisible thing that he had seen. I scanned the trees looking for what could scare my dog so much. Then I spotted it, this animal in the trees. It looked as if it was waiting for something to happen. Then it hit the ground with out a sound. I would have not even have known it landed lest I saw it with my own eyes. No longer could I call it an animal as it walked on two legs like a man. It started towards this woman in the distance. It acted as if it was a lioness on the hunt in the wilds of Africa. It was eerily quiet not making a noise among the recently fallen leaves and branches from the storm earlier today.
Then it pounced onto the woman and into the light. It was blue like the clearest of skies, and had eyes green as fresh cut grass. It was naked except for a few pieces of tattered clothing. The hair on it was long and white as fallen snow. Its teeth reminded me of rocky shores, crooked, uneven, and not very clean. The claws on it hand where as big as butcher knives and already soaked in the crimson red color of freshly drawn blood. The woman’s cries already where slowly being choked away as the monster took her life. He then turned towards the night sky and let out this unearthly, gluttonous, cry. The sound chilled me more then the coldest of nights. He then began to eat. Ripping out pieces of bloody jagged human flesh and swallowing them whole.
I was unable to hold back the bile that forced its way out of my mouth. It landed on the already wet pavement with an unnaturally loud splat. That thing looked up from its kill directly at me and roared. It sprang up and started to run at me. I dropped my dog’s collar and fled. I heard its feet hitting the path behind me and I smelled it breath that smelled like garbage and raw sewage that was sitting in the sun for days. Then the footsteps stopped and I quickly slowed down as I thought I lost this beast. From behind me I heard the sound of something big landing on the ground. I slowly turned around and came face to face with the beast. In it’s mouth I could make out what was left of my poor dog’s collar. He grazed me with his claws as I started to run again. The pain never fazing me as the fear for my life was greater.
Then I spotted it my salvation, the gas station. I ran inside scaring many of the customers with my own blood pouring down the front of my chest. The attendant called an ambulance and that is how I got here. Then you guys came in and told me I killed the woman and asked me what happened.” David explained. He looked up and he screamed. The cop that had come to question him now resembled the nightmare creature from the day before. He just prayed it would be quick as the cop now turned creature came towards him.

© Copyright 2008 Bennythums (bennythums at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1377317-Legacy-of-the-Dog-walker