*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1377875-My-Boss-And-I-our-Love
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Drala
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Friendship · #1377875
This is my real life true story. wait...
The friendship with my boss turned to LOVE

Even as a child I had this attraction to my boss. I didn’t know him them, not really. I felt close to him though. Mostly it was from what others told me.  He sounded so good and kind, someone I could count on.

You know the childhood fantasies and sudden outbursts of affection. That was all me those days.  I would depend on him to provide me with the silliest of things and true to his word it would be there! This made me sort of depend on him in a childish way.

When turned a youth, mere thought of dependence  was unheard of. It was all for oneself and demanding for our rights. Adamantly insisting you knew all and do all things right. No one could challenge because we youth “knew everything”.  Even then, secretly I knew I could count on him. He was always there. It was during these years that I came to know him better. To understand his caring ways and become friends.

This friendship was very secretive. No one knew it even existed. He showed it in such subtle ways that it almost went unnoticed. Mine was even worse. I openly showed no emotion whatsoever. It was only in isolated moments that I even acknowledged his friendship. That too, in brief periods of time. Even then we knew we had something special that would last a lifetime.

It was all because he was so understanding and compassionate. He understood when I never contacted him for ages nor even responded to his calls. He was always there, ready to accept me when I finally returned to him. I had his comforting arms around me. He never scolded me for all my miss doings. Somehow this made me guilty and I had to confide in him, and then it would be normal again. Our friendship never got affected by this, it only grew stronger.   

Sometimes I wondered about him, who he was, where he came from. I wanted to know more about him. I started reading all articles about him. Even those that spoke against him.  It was only then that I realized how people misunderstood him so much. Some distorted his life to such a degree it made me cry. I wanted to know directly from him if what they said was true. After all, he was my friend. When I approached him, his one look made me realize the truth. How can people twist even the most absolute truth to something so ugly?
How it must have hurt him, especially when I, his special friend, did not know him. This made me really mad with myself for being so stupid! Even then, he smiled and seemed to understand what I was going through. Instead of consoling him, now I was being consoled for my own lack of understanding. That was the power of his love.

It was these gestures that made me aware what love was. I did not know about this special kind of Love. Love of understanding and sacrifice. I had experienced the Love of understanding many times, but sacrifice? Well that’s another story.

I was in my twenties. By now I was happily married, and having children of my own. Life was full of fun and enjoyment. All we could think of, was how to entertain ourselves and have a good time of sorts. I had distanced myself from my boss so as to avoid his glances. I hardly met him and did not even inquire how he was or else I would feel guilty of ignoring him. I introduced him to my children and because of his status my husband already knew him. My children took a liking to him instantly.  We tried to share at least an hour a week. This too when we had no other plans. Yet he was there looking after me and waiting for me to come to him.

Gradually I got older and into my thirties. It was during this period that I learned about his special love. The love of sacrifice. I learnt from others that my boss was making advances to many of them. Did I get jealous? No. I was not even meeting him that often. After all, I had other interests. Somehow this stirred up my curiosity and I wanted to find out how they responded.

To my surprise, they were having a far better relationship than me! It was amazing. All the time, they were telling me how wonderful he was and about all that they received from him. I was a bit angry and annoyed. Why didn’t this happen to me? Why did I push him aside? He was friends with me far before they even knew him, and now, how come they have a better relationship than me?

It was here that I spoke to my husband and told him that I wanted to build up my friendship with my boss. He was a bit baffled at this thought but approved. Now he too became interested in finding out how this friendship worked. It became a family affair.
We spend more time learning how to deepen our friendship with our boss, because now he was the boss of our whole household.
We made friends with those who knew him better. This was all in the aim of building a stronger relationship with our boss.

The more we got to know him the more we wanted to be with him, our boss. I started to have the same affection I had in my youth. That close relationship.  I realized also of his sacrificial love. How he sacrificed his life to save me, about which I never even thought about nor ever thanked him. He was willing to do anything to be with me. Was I prepared to do this?

This was the challenge and it was during this challenge that my friendship with my boss turned to LOVE. I have now started loving him. I know I can never love the way he loves me. But I will try and with his gentle nature, I am sure he will teach me how to love him back.

Want to know who my boss is? I guess you know by now. He is the greatest beyond all created.  He goes by the name of Jesus and I LOVE him . So, why not give it a try? I am sure he can become the greatest Love of your life, and you can’t find a better lover to love you, because his LOVE IS THE GREATEST.
© Copyright 2008 Drala (dram at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1377875-My-Boss-And-I-our-Love