*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1377907-Warmth
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Fantasy · #1377907
I've been chewing on the idea of Lalia and I may be onto something with this sketch...
He had expected wings and a cloud of glitter and something no taller than a crayon.  What stood in front of him was none of that.  Lalia was enchanting, there was no question about that.  But she looked nothing like a faerie.

Everything about her was blue or white.  Her hair fell in snow white waves to the middle of her slender back which was covered, minimally, with a shimmering cerulean top.  Skinny-leg blue jeans tapered to bare feet with blue painted nails and all the exposed flesh was flawless porcelain white.  Eyes the color of a clear winter sky glowed from beneath long bangs and her lips were azure against her blanched skin.  On anyone else, blue lips may have been disturbing but on Lalia they were stunning and unnervingly natural looking. 

She traced a slender finger along his jaw line, coming to a stop at his lips.  Her skin was cold, icy.  Hunger radiated from her, touching him inside, in his heart, in his mind.  Her fingers caressed his flesh, leaving a frozen trail behind them.  He shuddered, a quiet sound escaping from his throat, urging her to continue.

He fondled at her, fingers aching from the cold, searching to find the strings to untie her top.  He could feel the cold moving through his body, as if ice crystals were forming in his blood and his organs but he pulled her against him.  She kissed his neck, chest, fingers, leaving frost everywhere she touched.  He watched as, with each kiss, her skin grew darker, porcelain transforming into amber. 

Her kisses moved from his throat to his jaw to his mouth and she arched her back, pressing her body into his, his into the wall behind him.  His muscles tensed, his heart racing, he watched her eyes darkened from frozen winter blue to warm brown the color of soil.  White hair turned to a deep auburn red, starting at the roots and growing out to the ends.

He never saw the color reach fully to the ends.  His excited, aroused muscles went limp beneath her and she held the kiss until he lay lifeless and frozen on the asphalt, his eyes locked in an unseeing, eternal stare.  She traced a finger along his blue lips, whispering adieu in her fae language, and retreated from the alleyway, sun kissed bare feet making a soft sound against the pavement.
© Copyright 2008 KHKCrimson (d_gabrielle at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1377907-Warmth