*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1378142-Special--Chapter-2-Explanations
Rated: ASR · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1378142
As some things are explained, but could this be real?! Fantasy creatures?!
As we sat round the table, 3 of us, the guy in jeans, Billard, sat bolt upright, staring at us, analysing our every movement, Brianna just stared him down, an eye for an eye, while I just sat there and fidgeted under the pressure from the room, watching at Billard’s partner make the tea, using our kettle, but their own teapot, where they got a teapot from I wouldn’t know, i them moved my eyes back to Billard.
This Guy was strange; he is so relaxed in this normally uncomfortable position. He looks in his mid 20’s, short brown hair, about 6’0”, tanned with lots of stubble and, despite his casual look, has an air of class to him. His Partner, on the other hand looked like he was in the mafia. Pinstripe suit, pitch black coat down to his feet, and even a trilby hat on, all he was missing was the violin case. Short black hair, 6’7”, very white skin, clean cut, nothing really you can fault about his appearance, but that said, he had 2 pistols a while ago, so where are they?
Suddenly Billard began to speak up.
“How long until the tea, Thurman?’ Billard asks
“Not long sire, just need the tea” Thurman? What a strange name, but I suppose it fits the look.
“Oh! The teabags are in the cupboard in front of you” I turn round and say
“Don’t worry young miss, we have our own tea” Thurman answers. Their own tea? Where would they keep it? No bags, no pockets, nothing and yet they have their own.
“Now, to business” Billard Interrupts my train of thought. “What would you like to know?”
Brianna and I look at each other and then Brianna clears her thought.
“What was that creature you were shooting?” Brianna doesn’t mince her words.
“That creature is called a Shadow-Wolfe, More commonly called a Solfe, and they are a cross between a human and a wolf, human body, wolf head. Their skin is burnt and red, and they are very aggressive. They also can move though shadows.”
“Move though the shadows?” I ask
“Yes, they have an ability to ‘Teleport’ in some sense, as in deconstruct themselves and reconstruct themselves somewhere else. But they can only do it where light doesn’t reach. It’s too hot otherwise”
I gasp “that explain the one I found in my room!” My room was pitch black, he could have got in that way.  Brianna then fidgets as Thurman brings across some fresh green tea.
“But, why was it here?”
“That is simple, they’re feeding” Suddenly a thud comes from upstairs and Thurman looks to the ceiling, Brianna glances up and then back to Billard
“Feeding?” I ask
“Yes, they feed on other sentient beings”
“Sentient beings? What are they?” Brianna asks puzzled
“Oh, this will take a while, normally people can’t see them, only sentient beings can, which means that you two are sentient beings. I’m here because there has been some kind of gathering of Solfs” Another thud comes from above and Thurman looks to Billard.
“Sir?”
“I know Thurman, I’m sorry ladies but we may have to bring you with us”
“Wait. Why?” I ask slight panic in my voice
“We have some company” Billard says bluntly, standing up
Brianna stands up and looks around, suddenly realising what Billard mean
“They’re here?!” Brianna shouts as Billard walks up to the door
“About 6 or 7 of them, all upstairs, waiting for us to run”
“Then why don’t we?!” I shout
“Cause we’re not that weak and we’re ready for them” Billard looks at Thurman and nods, Thurman then puts his hand out, his palm facing the floor
“Ego excito vox of Thor adservio mihi in meus vicis of postulo” Thurman calls out and out of nowhere, a pistol materialises in his hand, the same way things have been repairing themselves. Then Thurman holds the pistol with both hands and then rips the gun in half, the split gun begins to repair itself, but as 2 separate guns.
“Wow” Brianna just watches in awe, Thurman then takes up a position next to the door, Billard, who by this time had moved over to the worktop of the kitchen, holds his palm out over the work surface.
“Lux”
The bench begins to glow brightly and so the shadows disappear, he then looks back at us, huddled in the middle of the room.
“Don’t worry, we’ll take care of them”
With that, he Walks over to the door, holding his hands out as if holding a sword
“Gladius”
Suddenly, a very small, golden sword materialises in his hands, he takes the sword in one hand and puts his and on the floor
“All of them are coming down the stairs, get ready”
Brianna and I hold each other, right against the bright work top. Then suddenly there is a thunder of footsteps above us and coming down the stairs, clattering as if a stampede were coming down our small staircase, suddenly, there is a silence. We all look at each other, Billard then looks up.
“DAMNIT!”
He turns towards the opposite window and Thurman whips round, and aims at the window, The Dark red Solves come crashing through the window, in a big group, crashing to the floor in a big heap. Thurman begins shooting wildly at the pile and cries of pain come from the red and black heap. Brianna and I move into the corner, trying to get as far away from the wild creatures as possible, Billard covering us in his crouching position. He then puts his hand on the ground and looks towards the door again
“MORE?!”
Thurman swivels round and begins shooting at the door, making holes though it, there are cries behind the door, then out of nowhere, the door flies open and knocks Thurman to the floor, his guns skimming across the floor, Billard quickly moves to take out the Solf with his sword, slicing the Beast in two, only to discover another 3 coming though the door, Brianna notices one of Thurman’s guns near us, she lets go of me, making a rush towards the gun. One of the Solf’s notices her move and makes a lunge at her, Brianna acting in panic takes up the gun and shoots at the Solf, shooting it though the eye, she then aims for the other two, and shoots them with a shaky hand, one hitting it in the neck and the other in the middle of its body.
All goes quiet, Billard smiles and pushes a dead solf off himself. Putting his hand on the floor once more he smiles
“That’s it for now, we’d better go, or there’ll be more”
Brianna drops the gun, and stands there in shock, I go up to her and take her hand trying to lead her out, Thurman gets up and pucks up his guns, checking the room.
We leave in a quick panic, looking around us, the darkness of 2am surrounding us, Billard leads the way with Thurman covering our backs, and Me, holding tightly onto Brianna’s hand as we run away from the chaos that just happened in our Kitchen, the kitchen that’s repairing itself.
© Copyright 2008 Mich Wolf (mikewolf at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1378142-Special--Chapter-2-Explanations