*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1378969-Humanity
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Leslie
Rated: 13+ · Prose · Other · #1378969
me and the rest of the world. I dont know what to say here exactly.
An animal, its stomach ripped open, is thrashing, is grasping for anything.

Intestines hanging loosely, blood pouring out so innocently, full of vital oxygen, the animal surrenders to death.

There wasn't a  moment to fight the excuse of a human sawing it in half.

My eyes have not had the luxury of closing to shield my mind of conceiving the answer of why people are wasting away.

Looking around, I feel tall, tall as if I were a giant.

People are dirt stuck on the bottom of garbage cans. 

I look through them as if they weren’t standing in front of me

I feel my heart twist while watching them beg for my approval.

Starving themselves to the deception of being better, they push themselves even farther from any form of acknowledgment.

Frustrated with my indifference, they scream for me to say a word. Desperate for any tone of endearment, their empty eyes search my face and the frequency of my voice.

They’ll find nothing, because they deserve exactly that
© Copyright 2008 Leslie (lmt531 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1378969-Humanity