*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1379830-Song-of-Love
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Romance/Love · #1379830
A song written for a lover
Mesmerized, he listened to the music. The lyrics. The love.

Ron Adams closed his eyes and let his head drop back against the sofa, losing himself in the beautiful sounds. A few feet away the music continued, the piano ivories being stroked as gently as one would caress a lover -- which he was.

Mike Rogers stole a quick glance over the piano, his heart swelling at the sight of his handsome companion, the one his song had been written for. He had waited until this special evening to reveal his special gift to his partner - for the first time his music was being presented solely to Ron.

"And should I die tomorrow," he crooned softly, "now nothing remains undone. I will live on, live on forever, inside your heart."

The piece ended softly as the keys twinkled, and only then did Mike dare look up. His smile was tremulous, almost shy as he rose and moved from the piano bench toward Ron. He saw the gleam of tears in the soft brown orbs as they met his blue ones, felt the love which filled the air. As Ron opened his arms, Mike went into them, reciprocating the powerful embrace of their shared love.

"It's beautiful," Ron whispered. "You're beautiful." He brushed Mike's cheek with his hand. "Of all the people in the world how did I ever get so lucky as to find you?"

"We found each other," Mike answered, smiling. "It was the music - you just knew how to hear my message of love."

It was true - Mike's music had brought them together. Now together forever they would stay. At last the lyrics Mike wrote for his love songs had found their home.
© Copyright 2008 LVdreamer (mlmsunshine at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1379830-Song-of-Love