*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1379835-Special-Chaper-4-New-World
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Chapter · Sci-fi · #1379835
The girls finally get to se some answers and finnally see the world from a new way.
We approached the park, of all places, Brianna and I looked around confused
“Where exactly is this gate?” I asked
The woman from earlier came up to me and put her hand on my shoulder, smiling at me.
“We’re here”
I look around again
“I can’t see it”
The woman then takes off her hat to reveal her short but dark blue hair, sliding her hands though her hair, she looks back at me.
“We’re standing on it”
I look down, and we’re standing on a sandpit, I look up at the woman and she shrugs.
“It’s the closest gate and the quickest”
I swallow hard wondering what could happen next, suddenly all 10 of us start sinking into the sand. Brianna and I begin to panic, trying to struggle our way free but the sand holding firmly to our legs, Billard looks at us and sighs
“Oh what it was to not know anything, don’t struggle, you’re only making it worse for yourself”
I stop struggling and notice the others are just relaxed, no panic whatsoever and I begin to relax, but Brianna on the other hand, was panicking a lot more than I was. I took hold of her hand, stared straight into her eyes and said to her
“Brianna! Stop being a sissy and relax!”
She immediately stopped and held my hand tight; I held her hand tight back, not knowing what was going to happen next, suddenly, my feet were free, but the sand was up to my knees, I looked around. Billard was smiling, Thurman was cool as usual, not showing any emotion, and the 6 warriors were stood there with their eyes closed. Billard suddenly dropped though the sand in an instant, Thurman quickly followed, then one by one, the warriors dropped. The woman was last to go, she smiled and then with great grace, fell into the sand. Only Brianna and I remained stuck in the sand. Then, at the same time, we both fell though the sand, air rushing past us as we fell into what felt like sandpaper (ironically).
When I opened my eyes, and the sandpaper feeling had stopped, I find myself falling though the sky, gazing upon a huge futuristic city below us, towers and Spheres, pillars and spikes popping out of everywhere, all brightly coloured, Reds, Blues, Yellows, Greens, Pinks, Purples, Oranges, every bright colour you can imagine adored one of these buildings. Brianna opened her eyes and gasped
“We’ve fallen into a painting!”
I laugh at Brianna’s comment and nod in agreement and I look down, and right below us was what looked like a pillow and a mattress, looking bigger by the second
“Err, B, you may want to brace yourself, this could be rough”
We both hold onto each other’s hands as we fly towards the Ground, and surprisingly, we’re slowing down. I look around and see the buildings travelling slower and slower, and then we fall at a snail’s pace the last meter onto the mattress, landing softly with a little creak of the mattress.
I gaze at the wonderful array of colours and shapes around us, Pink, blue, yellow, red, and then I see Billard and the others, all wearing very vivid and stylish Outfits on each was different in their own way. Billard calls out to us.
“Come on you two! You don’t want to be late!”
I get up from the mattress and drag Brianna up with me, her gaze still fixed on the swirling colours around us. As we get closer, I see Billard’s changed into what looks like a vest but it’s more like a waistcoat, a white waistcoat with a yellow trim, but it keeps going trailing out and curling off into space, his jeans had changed into proper trousers but yellow, the same yellow as the trim. His hair has also changed colour.
“Billard?” I ask
“Yes?” He answers
“Why do you now have Green Hair?”
The woman laughs and holds Billards shoulder.
“Well, it’s what you get for hiding your true colour” She smiles, and looks at both of us
“But I don’t think you can talk” She says to me “you should look in a mirror”
The Warriors smile as they look at me, I look at Brianna and she just stares at me, Billard holds out a mirror and I use it. I hold the mirror shakily, my long brown hair, which I had taken such pride in, has changed to a bright Blue. Brianna begins to chuckle and I look at her, just about to tell her to stop laughing when something catches my eye, Her hair has changed too, but her hair has changed into a green similar to Billards, I begin to laugh back and hold the mirror up to show Brianna, she bursts out laughing when she sees herself and I can’t help but join in, Billard eventually rescues us from our laughter and drags us off the Mattress.
“Right, come on, get up girls, we need you two to choose how much clothing you want on”
We both calm down and look at Billard
“How much?” I ask, wiping away the tears from my eyes
“Yes” Billard answers bluntly “You choose how much you want then your clothes will be made for you”
We look at each other and smile. Clothes! We quickly get up and smile Billard
“What are we waiting for?!” I answer with glee.
Billard then walks right though us and down the corridor behind us, we follow eagerly, but the warriors stay behind. I suppose they have other things to do besides watch over our antics.
We enter a large room filled with white cloth, endless cloth as far as the eye could see
“Why is there only white?” Brianna asks
“Your aura chooses the style and the colour of the clothes, all we do is provide the fabric”
We look at each other slightly disappointed, and then a thought occurs to me.
“Is this what your aura chose for you then?” I ask
“Yes, I chose a little fabric and so this became my uniform”
I look over the intricate design, small details, from the bare arms, to the open bottoms of his trousers, everything was made perfectly. As we approached a desk, Billard turns too us.
“Right, if each of you goes up to a desk, we can get you fitted with the right amount you want”
I move to the closest one and Brianna goes to the opposite one, the woman at the desk smiles at me.
“Hi, how much fabric would you like?”
“Err, I think quite a lot” and I smile at the woman
“Ok then we’ll just measure you up” the woman replies and sets to work.
I turn round to look at Brianna and she seems happily posing for the woman wrapping the fabric round her, the woman turns to me with an end of one of the many rolls.
“Can you just lift your arms?”
I lift my arms and the woman wraps the fabric round my waist, the fabric covers most of my torso and some of my new long blue hair. She then takes the fabric off my and holds the place where the end touched the fabric again. She then began folding, One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven and finally 8. She begins cutting off and she folds the already folded piece to me.
“There you go; I hope a Beautiful uniform appears for you”
I smile as the woman hands me the fabric, Brianna already holds her fabric, waiting for me, We both look at Billard and he sets off, we follow eagerly.
“What’s next?” I ask with eagerness
“Processing” Billard says bluntly
“What about our clothes?” Brianna asks, slightly confused
“That’s part of the Processing; you’ll get your clothes once you’re processed” Billard walks on, with a slight worry in his voice
I turn to look at Brianna, she looks back and we smile at each other.
‘What kind of adventures are waiting for us’ I wonder to myself
Fighting, creating things from thin air, Will I be able to do that? But I’ll find out for sure, With my new clothes and my new bright blue hair, but first, Processing!
© Copyright 2008 Mich Wolf (mikewolf at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1379835-Special-Chaper-4-New-World