*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1380452-coffee-disaster
Rated: E · Article · Entertainment · #1380452
The day my coffee maker became...The enemy!


Coffee Disaster

For those of you who can relate, you all know how crutial your first cup of coffee is
to the start of your day, and even though it seems like a true need its only but a
want.
So if your anything like me its top on your morning agenda,not too much will
be accomplished untill the ritual of brewing is complete.
Now in my kitchen, space is of the essence and that means the coffee maker has to share a room with a few other essentially needed items,( theyve always gotten along so well!) A crockpot, and the niffty red Kitchen Aid pots and pans. All together they sit nice and organized on an island of thier own.
The coffee maker sits on the top, the rest of everything else sits on the two shelves below. It has ( until today!) always been such a nice set up.As the ritual goes, grounds in the filter,filter in the basket,water in the maker push the button, and off I go to tend to morning chores.( I think my morning chores are just an act of passing the time it takes to complete a tasty pot!) I have the uncontrollable internal timer set to let me know when time is drawing near and usually by this time Ive made my way back to the kitchen and am greeted by this mouth watering aroma that is always so welcoming!
However, today something wasnt quite right. There wasnt a pleasant aroma filling the air, and the gurgling usually heard during the completion of a pot sounded more like moans from something sick! I rushed to see what was the matter. With only dim lighting because I choose to wake up gradually, I couldnt quite make out the disaster in its entirety. So I turn from what is appearing to be something I should of never turned my back on to begin with to shed some light on the subject. As it comes into complete focus I couldnt quite belive my eyes!
So there it is the responsible party for producing the start of my day looking like it had no idea what it was doing, like it had been given too much information and threw up!
I had 10 cups of water, coffee grounds, and all flowing out of the top and the bottom of the basket. All over the maker and floating in the pot, across the station drownding everything in its path.My neat little stack of filters, the essential items below, and across the floor it went.
The first thing I could think to do was unplug this monster and even after unplugging it, it seemed to enjoy the mess it was creating and continued its brewing process. I pulled the pot and dumped it in the sink. Pulled the basket and dumped the full of hot water coffee grounds floating filter in the trash and began to clean up the mess.I couldnt quite get over it and knew I wouldnt for days to come.
I think this feeling of rage against this machine stems from the element
of surprize but more than that, Why? Why would someone design a machine thats put to use the majority of the time first thing in the morning with a mechanism that has to
line up just perfect or else?
Isnt the whole idea behind the caffine in the coffee to wake us up so we are able to line the important things up in our day? I swore, and swore, and I even swore I was going to design a coffee maker that took not even eye sight to operate correctly!










© Copyright 2008 mysoulscompass72 (folio at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1380452-coffee-disaster