*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1380473-Previous-submissions
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Renell
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1380473
submissions for previous contests
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Round 1

Dear Sarah,

You would not believe how in the world I ended up in India instead of Indiana. I wasn’t feeling well. I now realize that if you are sick in one then it is definitely terminal. I had to deal with airport security as well. I am telling you flying is definitely a frisky business. I told ticket lady I wanted to fly to Indiana to see Bambi. Apparently she thought I said I wanted to fly to India to see the Bamboo.

I noticed the mistake as the plane took off. I missed the announcement due to the man next to me. He was coughing so much. Turns out he was a computer programmer, a coughing hacker. I missed the regular snacks they give. We actually had a meal because the flight was so long. Don't expect to eat something fancy when you're flying because it's plane food. They showed the movie, Flicka. I however realized that the horse only had a bit part.

So I get to India and realize that I need to find someone speaking American. I quickly realize that it is not as easy as saying it. When I finally found someone, they did not sound American. So her response was we are all speaking American. Is this a country diction in terms? So I was stuck here until they could figure out my situation. I decided to take in some of the local entertainment.

That was a bust. Somebody was running a flea circus, but a dog came and stole the show. I saw a beaver movie; it was the best dam movie I've ever seen. I tried to go to a concert but that was a bust. Tickets to see Paul McCartney were over a hundred dollars each because of the Sir charge. I thought was extreme. Then I saw the theme park. The amusement park had a ride break down, and had to hire a spin doctor.

The food is very caste here. A man gave me advice on trying to lost weight. He said, “My wife is trying to lose weight but continues to frequent the coffee shops for rich beverages and delicacies. You could say she is making a moccary of her diet.” I was running low on money. I was offered a job on a Bamboo plantation. Just when I felt like I was going to be bamboozled. I found out they had worked through the mix up. So could you send me at 2500.00?

They decided to send me back on a small plane. Before an airline changes a process they have to have a pilot project to find out if the idea will fly. They gave me a status as a frequent flier with one piece of advice. To be a successful frequent flier you need a lot of connections. They have me waiting in this crazy airport. There was a cross-eyed teacher who couldn't control his pupils. He told me that he wears glasses during math because it improves division. He became a math teacher due to some prime factors. However his qualifications as a math teacher didn't add up. When I added it up and gave the right answer. The arrogant math teacher finally ate a slice of humble pi.

Another woman was complaining about her cat. The cat took up computer lessons in hopes of mastering its grip on a mouse. Then she started about her daughter. Her and Fred’s business plan for a flower shop was cut and dried. But when I asked, “So, how's the flower business going?” She stated, “Oh, it's blossoming quite nicely.” I am going to end the letter now. I want to share one more thing. If you step onto a plane and recognize a friend of yours named Jack don't yell out Hi Jack!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Round 2

Melinda,

Hey, I am glad that you have joined writing.com. I see that you have run into some of the same problems that I did. I think I emailed someone four times before I could even understand what I was doing.

I am going to assist you in setting up your portfolio in order to post your first item. After you login to the site, you will click to continue to the site. Above everything, you know where the snowman with the balloons hangs out. There are words that when you click they link you to those items. You want to click on my portfolio.

You want to set it up. I have mine as private with public viewing. You want to scroll to the bottom where it says create an item. There are a lot of different things to create. You want to click on static item.

Okay, this is kind of tricky but it is simple. It is divided into sections. Section 1 is labeled basic information. You want to put the name your piece where it says item title. Now the next thing is item type. There are thirty different things to choose from. Select it and then move on to give a brief description of the piece. Now, the rating only refers to this section. E is for every one of all ages and Non-e is not for every one of all ages. Here is the explanation given by writing.com: An E-rated Intro is suitable for everyone of any age. There are absolutely no references to sex (other than gender), drugs (legal/illegal), alcohol, violence, cursing (of any kind), derogatory names or any combinations thereof. These titles are displayed for members who have their rating preferences set to 18+ and below.
A Non-E rated Intro is not suitable for everyone of any age. There may be references to sex, drugs, alcohol, violence, cursing, derogatory names or any combinations thereof. These titles are displayed for all members who have their rating preferences set to also include GC and above.

Section 2 is content and access control settings. It starts off with asking you to rate it. Please rate it because if you don’t it may limit where it is seen. These are from the site:
E : Everyone
ASR : Adult Supervision Recommended
13+ : Recommended for Readers 13 Years and Older Only
18+ : Recommended for Readers 18 Years and Older Only
GC : May Contain Graphic Content
XGC : May Contain Extreme Graphic Content
NPL : Not Publicly Listed
You can set up a passkey to allow people to edit you work if you want. If you are a member of a group, like I am with Tourn-a-rounds, then you can set it to allow group edit. Otherwise, leave it at no group access.

Section 3 is genre and keywords. So if you are a poem about a boy who grew a crooked tree. You could choose children’s and home/garden. You can also add keywords like self-esteem, pride, or whatever.

Section 4 is the best part. This is where you place your piece. I normally type then paste mine in the box. You can type it right into the box. Section 5 is for your preferences. Since I type mine in Word, I check for it to maintain spacing. I leave reviewing unrestricted and I sometimes award gift points. Make sure you read over the copyright information then check one of the save choices.

I hope this helps. I know you are dying to post your work


Genta
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
July 14
A Simple Existance

Renell saw things that no one did
She devoted her time to forgotten things
She loved those thrown away
Her imagination was her trademark

Her stories were those of vivacity
Her poems emotional
Her characters woven from her spirit
Characters who lived her dreams

Renell was a daughter, sister and aunt
Family and friends held a designated spot
She gave everything without reflection
She was dependable above faithful

Renell worked with at risk youth
She dealt with those discarded
She encouraged them to dream big
She believed they had a story to tell

Renell loved without restraint
She was empathic
She believed firmly that everyone has dreams
She gave unbridled encouragement

Renell placed pebbles where she travel
She left precious stones of wisdom
Her life uncomprised and plentiful
She never accepted no

Unconventional, loved sports
Loved movies, loved just existing
Realized she was connected to all life
Renell just lived everyday like it was her last

__________________________________________________________________
July 15
Breathe

The mood set eloquently
He waited anxiously for her

He hoped she thought him original
He felt kind of bizarre

He had one chance
One chance to catch her attention

The roses are perfectly arranged
Dinner simmered on the stove

He was restless
Checking things twice

She was a person he admired
She was the friend of a friend

Her smile, her eyes, her laugh
All led him to wanting her to himself

Words could not describe
The emotions he’s felt since she said yes

He moved to choose the music
She would arrive shortly

He twiddled his fingers
He tapped his feet

10 minutes until she arrived
He placed out the hors d’oeuvres

The sound of the doorbell
Did he have butterflies?

Breath… breathe… just
May be someone had the wrong apartment

She stood on the other side
A door that became unusually heavy

Gorgeous, exquisite, breathe taking
He invited her inside

She was more than expected
He felt comfortable

They began their evening
It went off without a hitch

He was the gentleman
He wanted all of her but knew to wait

As she began to leave
Goodbyes and hugs were exchanged

She questioned about another date
He more than agreed

They lingered
Questioning their next move

She leaned in closer as did he
An untainted smooch

He watched her get on the elevator
He finally exhaled

__________________________________________________________________
July 16 ~ An Escape

This is what I needed
Clear blue skies with fluffy clouds

Squishing the grains of sand between my toes
Feeling the warm rays of the sun

Waves of blue crystal crashing to make white bubble
Watching the multicolored sails dance in the distance

Enjoying the smells and sights
Wondering if Heaven is this tranquil

Noticing the seagulls squawking
Picking up the smooth reflective seashells

Observing the surfer conquering the angry waves
Questioning what hungry beasts be underneath

Hasty crabs scurrying to their next destination
Exhaling as I watch the world fly by

Music in the background
Putforths a familar sound

Moving to the busy bar and submitting to the call
Margaritaville, here I come
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
July 17
Life without you
Hands on the home keys, ladies
First memories of fun
From the days at the Grove
‘Til the days at South
I could not have imagined
A better best friend
July babies separated by 13 days
Remember our 16th?
You almost got a ticket
Guess he realized that girls just wanna have fun
Always joking we were with the wrong families
Ecstatic and pensive was I the day
You got married and learned you were moving to Germany
Years have passed
The bond is still there
Encouragement as you tried to figure
Out what made you happy
Finally bliss is yours
Unconventionally but that is your way
I’m not the one to gossip so
You didn’t hear this from me
But I couldn’t imagine
My life without you
As one of my closest friends
© Copyright 2008 Renell (gentah at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1380473-Previous-submissions