*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1380735-A-Time-And-Place-For-Everything
Rated: E · Other · Personal · #1380735
A short experiment in writing.
I believe there is a time and place for everything, and I am not sure this is the right time or place, but I've always wanted to try writing.

I was born in the late 40's, and grew up in the 50's and 60's when times were much simpler than they are today, attending school in my neighborhood from grammar school across the street, to junior high around the corner, and senior high a little further down the way. Drugs and crime weren't prevelent in school, and students actually attended school wanting to study and learn. Natuarlly there was socializing, but it was not the main priority, and dress codes were adheared to and acutally enhanced the learning experience.

Times could be tough "back in the day", but families worked through their problems, without a lot of outside help or interferrence. People knew their neighbors and would speak and wave to them when passing by. As a native of my city, I can't believe the way some things have changed for the better, while others just stay the same.

My hope for the future generation is that they will be able to look back on these days without only remembering the crime, drug abuse, and world destruction, because it seems to be so prevelent in the time we are living in now.

I look forward to each and every day whatever it may bring as an opportunity to share hope with others that we can all live peacefully together, and that the good outweighs the bad.

Just call me an optomist!
© Copyright 2008 roseyogrady (roseyogrady at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1380735-A-Time-And-Place-For-Everything