*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1380854-THE-CASE-OF-THE-FLOWER-POT-KILLER
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Other · #1380854
Based on a true story.
THE CASE OF THE FLOWER POT KILLER
BY CANDY K. BEARDSLEY





The day had started as normal. The house was alive with activity as we got ready to leave. We had a busy day ahead, first to the school then grocery shopping. The kids were buzzing around, getting things gathered for our outing. Everything was going smoothly until IT happened.

I was standing in the dining room when I heard a horrible crash. I rushed into the living room and asked my boyfriend what that sound was, he didn’t know so we both went to investigate the area the sound had originated from. I stood motionless; there on the floor was my favorite flower pot. Its base shattered into pieces of white ceramic like pieces of shattered bone.
Gently I scooped the broken shards up, setting them carefully in a pile. Never again would my favorite pot hold beautiful flowers or a majestic spider plant. It was gone, shattered like a window after a child’s baseball had been carelessly thrown through it.
I looked for the culprit, the heartless creature that had pushed my poor pot with its whimsical painting of birds and flowers, from its seemingly safe spot on the plant stand. Who could have done such a thing? Baffled I looked around, searching for clues, knowing I had to find justice for the poor thing. I scanned the room and that was when I saw him! He sat on the floor, his green eyes staring at me. He tried to look innocent but I knew this grey haired, green eyed beast was the one who had killed my favorite pot.

His nose twitched as I told him I knew he was guilty! That’s when I called for my daughter to come get her cat before I made a hat out of him.


WC-304
© Copyright 2008 Candy71 (ckb71 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1380854-THE-CASE-OF-THE-FLOWER-POT-KILLER