*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1380895-Brave-New-World
Rated: E · Fiction · Other · #1380895
In the blink of an eye, life as it is known can change permanently.
She stuck her head through the threshold of the door, bringing her quivering lips to her lover's neck. Gently, she kissed the back of his neck, noticing he gave pause in his stride to turn around. All at once, she could see anguish and happiness in his dark eyes. Before him, the love of his life; behind him, a road he would regrettably have to follow for one year.
Moisture lined the sides of his eyelids, a lump filled his throat as he absorbed every detail of her pretty face. He could feel himself sinking as she reached her delicate hands out and lightly touched his face. One foot moved toward her, and he wrapped one strong arm around her waist, pulling her in close to his body.
Their lips collided in the throes of passion. Breath came in gasps in between the suckling of their tongues. She hugged him tight, letting her hands run along the contours of his back and shoulders. He fell against the doorframe, pulling her with him.
They slid down to the floor of their home, gradually pulling their mouths apart for need of oxygen. For several minutes, they sat against the frame of the door, caressing each other, lost from gazing into each other's eyes.
She was the first to blink and close her eyes, drawing in a deep breath. She nodded, confirming that it was ok for him to go along his path, for she knew he would return for her.
© Copyright 2008 Magynorr (magynorr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1380895-Brave-New-World