*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1381494-Writing-Away-Friends
Rated: E · Prose · Emotional · #1381494
A lost friendship and how I coped.
She had lost a friend. A friend she adored and felt safe around for many months. She just couldn’t stand his attitude anymore. He used her for his convenience and for entertainment, she couldn’t handle it. She broke down, slowly degrading into a ranting madwoman. It was his fault. She left him, for better or worse. She doesn’t have to take his presence and his problems anymore. She won’t have to go out of her way to come up with pertinent advice. The chasm has kept them apart for too long and no matter how she tried to bridge it, it was only her. He put no effort into bridging the gap to a healthy friendship. Sure she’ll miss the spontaneous moments, the fairly decent sex, and the comfort she shared with him. Of course, it hasn’t been the same since the first time she disappeared from his life. But she doesn’t care anymore. She writes to remind herself that she’s in control of her life and she doesn’t need him. She writes to erase him from her memory. He’s gone.
© Copyright 2008 Yersinia (yersinia at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1381494-Writing-Away-Friends