*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1382007-The-Crystal-Soul----Chapter-1-part-one
Rated: ASR · Novel · Action/Adventure · #1382007
The final battle is at hand, but wait what's this? Ones final battle is anothers begining
“Hahahahah, the Ultimeer” the darkly robed man gestured to the gigantic glowing crystal formation “I have unlimited power!  The world shall be mine!” he cackled.  Undeterred the youth in golden armor drew his sword “You destroyed my family, my village, and Shara!  Your evil ends here, PREPARE TO DIE!”
         “HAH!” following the short laugh, the evil man threw a dark energy bolt.  In his rush, the hero deflected the attack with a silver shield.  Three more bolts followed after, each as effective as the last.  As he closed the distance his sword drew back, ready to lunge into the heart of the power crazed man.  “I, said, DIEEEEE!”  with that he threw a swirling mass the same size as the hero.  Being only seventeen feet away he couldn’t dodge the attack, so he dropped to his knees.  Bringing his holy shield to bare, the youth braced for the impact.
         The energy ball connected with the shield, blowing it to pieces.  “HAH, even your holy shield is no match for my awesome power!” and began summoning another massive ball.  Throwing off the remains of his shield, he rushed at his foe.  “Now, YOU DIE!” the man yelled as he threw the energy point blank at the hero.  He wouldn’t stop, and pushed through the attack.  His armor began to crack as he shoved his sword at the heart of his enemy.
         The swirling energy blast dissipated leaving the youths armor cracked.  Blood seeped from the cracked armor as the youth looked for where his foe should be.  “Heheheh you think it would be THAT EASY?!”  he called from where the hero started his assault .  “You cannot beat me, so just roll over and die…” he said with frustration creeping on to his face
         Realizing that even with all his special equipment, he was still no match for the power of the Ultimeer.  He dashed in the opposite direction, towards the Halen stone which harnessed the crystals power into the man.  Seeing his opponents target, he began hurling energy balls rapidly.  The hero just took the attacks in his back as he continued his charge.  “No, no, DIE YOU WHELP, DIEEEE!” but he would not.  The sword found its target as it was stabbed into the heart of Halen’s power stone.
         Both remained still, one in shock and the other barely holding himself up.  It was like that for what seemed like an hour.  The impaled stone slowly flickered, then died.  “No!  Do you know what you’ve just don-” he was cut off as the castle started to rumble.  “With out the Halen stone, I can’t control the crystal!”
         The great crystal began to crack, for in its active state its power would become unstable.  “YOU’VE DOOMED US BOTH!” his words did not effect the hero.  Letting go of his sword the bloodied youth rose to his feet, and turned towards the dark garbed man.  “I know.  This is for every one you hurt, this is for Shara, this is for MY FAMILY!”  The crystal erupted.
© Copyright 2008 Bobmaster (bobmaster at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1382007-The-Crystal-Soul----Chapter-1-part-one