*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1382339-Wife--Mom
Rated: E · Other · Family · #1382339
Job Title: Wife & Mom Job Description: Lonliest Job on the Planet
Job Title: Wife & Mother

Job Description: Lonliest Job on the Planet

Job Requirements: Must always react to all things with joy. Must never be discouraged or frustrated. Must never feel any negative emotions. If sadness, lonliness, frustration, discouragement, or any other such emotion IS felt, must have the ability to NEVER show such emotion to spouse, as it will create an un-welcoming rest enviroment. It will make spouse dislike living with you and seek habitable home/friend/resting place elsewhere. It will be entirely your fault. Also, never show such emotions or feelings to children. It will create an adverse enviroment where they will experience insecurity. Not to mention you would be a horrible role-model to them. In simpler terms, must become robot. Must be superwoman. If you cannot be these things, do not bother to apply. If you already hold this position and cannot be these things, you are a failure. You need to become a better person. These requirements have been compiled and communicated to you by your husband and the rest of society.

I've failed at my job. My husband is unhappy with me. I am an imperfect person. I vow to react with joy and logic to frustrating experiences. I vow to hide my sadness or lonliness or frustration from my spouse. I will find someone else who is willing to take that spot in my life. I will work even harder to create a home and family that my husband will enjoy coming home to. I will be everything he needs and wants me to be. I will try harder to be superwoman.

...marriage and mommyhood is the lonliest job to have. Nothing like what I thought it would be like. I need a friend.


© Copyright 2008 Sweetpea (aksweetpea at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1382339-Wife--Mom