*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1382366-Who-Is-The-Drizzle
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Essay · Biographical · #1382366
Do you want to know my basics? As a student? A writer? A human? This is where to start.
         "Who is the Drizzle?!" Steven, my roommate, screams nearly every time I enter our apartment. Drizzle is my nickname, and it developed freshman year. Two of our fads at the time intertwined to produce it. We mocked Snoop Dogg's "izzling" of common words. Drew, my name to friends and family outside of my Rowan and Glassboro communities, became "Drizzle" to Steven. Shortly after Drizzle caught on, we watched an episode of Adult Swim's "Aqua Teen Hunger Force" featuring character Shake as a delusional and useless superhero named "The Drizzle." The same question my roommate greets me with was used in the episode. He introduced me to friends as Drizzle and referred to me as Drizzle to his parents. We have since ceased the izzling, and we no longer consider “Aqua Teen Hunger Force” a valid or logical use of time, but Drizzle has stuck. Drizzle is eternal. This isn’t quite completing my assignment of a basic introduction, but it serves as an interesting anecdote, hopefully more entertaining than a formulaic layout of age, schooling information, and interests. Unfortunately, those parts follows.

         My real name is Andrew Frame. I was born October 2, 1985. My family lived in Philadelphia until October 2, 1988. My birthday gift was a new house in Bellmawr, New Jersey. I attended Ethel M. Burke Elementary School, Bell Oaks Middle School, and Triton Regional High School. I did well throughout all these schools, but was constantly resentful of the torturous hours. I am not a morning person. Now, at Rowan University, I have flexibility with my schedule. It’s a wonderful thing, and I’ve grown to love college, academically and socially, over the past few years. I’ll be done in May. That brings me to today. I love movies, music, and television. I keep up with the news. I’m subscribed to Entertainment Weekly and Time. I like to read and love to write. I eat out when I can afford it and shop when I can afford more. I play video games, card games, and drinking games. I go to bars, but not clubs. I work in the Deptford Mall Food Court, making salads and smoothies for over five years. I’m a dedicated person that loves my friends and family with a sarcastic, cynical humor that somehow blends with honest caring and compassion. Christmas is my favorite holiday. The Office is my favorite TV show. Green is my favorite color. My best friend Mike shares the same birthday as me. We’re 22, and the allure of drinking legally has already faded. I often find myself asking “what else is there?” Well, since you asked…

         I’m an English major and a Journalism minor. I’ve taken a handful of Writing Arts courses as electives. I hardly want to interview strangers and write for a newspaper. But I do want to write. I’ve been doing it for years, in different areas and for different reasons. I enjoy writing for school. I love writing as a hobby, and perhaps a future profession. There are a few directions I would like to take in life. First of all, I do not want to teach. I do not want to teach. Just making sure we understand that. When people hear I’m an English major I get a response along the lines of, “What grade would you like to teach?” Until my junior year at Rowan, I was terrified of being unable to find something worth doing with an English degree. Now, with parts of Journalism and Writing Arts in my repertoire, I want to get involved somewhere. I am interested in the publishing industry, perhaps as an editor for some publication company. If not part of a company, I would enjoy editing and/or contributing to a magazine rather than a newspaper. I find them more appealing, a mixture of variety and specialization that daily newspapers sometimes lack. There is still an ultimate dream. I would love to write novels, collections of personal essays, or any other genre that propels me into the legitimate literary community, while also freelancing for different magazines when potential stories or features are discovered.

         I consider myself a versatile writer. I have a wry, humorous and opinionated essay voice. I can write academically, using research and theory to support or debunk my focal point. I love writing narratives, creating characters and conflicts that are engaging and accessible. And I’ve recently learned and improved upon a more journalistic approach to writing through News Reporting and Magazine Article Writing. I’m sure my future will be a happy one. And even if I end up stuffed in a cubicle, suffering through painful monotony, I’ll still be writing, perhaps blogging, with contentment.
© Copyright 2008 Andrew Frame (thedrizzle at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1382366-Who-Is-The-Drizzle