*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1383502-Lost-World-Chapter-3
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Cliona
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1383502
Julia and Gabriel.
Chapter 3: Julia and Gabriel

It was a beautiful Monday morning of March; lucid blue sky with a golden sun magnetized the hearts of everyone roaming across the streets. I was enjoying the sun rays from the balcony of my home, lost in delight. Until, I heard someone knocking my room door which brought me back to senses.

“Come in please” I said and saw Julia smirking at me.

“Hello Julia, please come in, nice to see you” I smiled and turned back to the impressive aesthetic splendor stretched before me. She joined me to the window and perceived the sight in greeting.

“Oh this is truly marvelous! Gabriel you are such a lucky person to have a magnificent view from your bedroom” she shouted in enthusiasm.

“Thank you Julia, so what brought you all the way here?” I asked her.

“Well, I wonder what is happening to your research.” She asked in uncertainty. Maybe she was not good in eavesdrop as I thought, that she couldn’t collect all of the necessary details. Consequently, she had decided to use the direct method without disappointment, I couldn’t forgive this lady even as my friend for her dishonest deed.

“Gabriel, where are you going?” Julia asked me in a concerned voice. I made a stern face, concentrating on the lawn beneath which appeared to be wet and shiny, it calmed me from fury.

“Gabriel, can’t you hear me?” Julia demanded.

“What do you want to know Julia? You are surprising me in everyway” I said in a dried voice. 

“I’m sorry but I didn’t mean to infuriate you” she said with tears filling her eyes.

“Please Julia, I don’t want to harm you, but you ought to change yourself” I complained in a subjective conduct, which made her eyes wide.

“What do you mean Gabriel? Why should I change? What did I do wrong?” She became furious and shouted.

“Control yourself; I don’t like to see you being fuming! I want you to understand me- that’s all!” I said in a harsh voice.

“What are you trying to say? Everyone knows that you are an intellectual person, having superior comradeship with the entire lecturer group and you are brilliant in everything you accomplish! Yes!! it’s the fame! Don’t mistreat the fame, its making you wild to speak in vulgar demeanor!” She spoke wrathfully in high tone.

“I will talk to you later Julia” I said and walked away wondering her oddity. I heard her yelling at me in the background to wait, while I didn’t get bothered to listen to her speech in agony.

Trees stirred gracefully according to the rhythm of the wind, I squeezed my hand as I looked at my watch its eight in the morning. I saw a bench in the park along the side way of the path, I was determined to contribute a little time to tranquil my mind. I could remember my childhood when I was playing with my friends I used to tell stories and organize everything for events. Everyone loved me regardless of their age and intelligence, what I heard on that day from Julia was very astounding. I least expected such distressing words from Julia! What I had experienced with my knowledge as far as I knew in my academic life was not fame, but more and more challenges; perhaps outwardly it gave the impression of being prominent. However, I had humble respect and honor for Julia as my friend, though she had misunderstood me because of her own contravention. My heart became weak as I replicated the conversation inside my mind again; I believed that she would understand my appeal. I thought of the dream in which she held my hand, so how my dream could be wrong in Julia’s case, mean while it’s true according Hollacoh’s message?…I resisted for a moment. It means she was in love with me…no it can’t be. My life had been entitled to be perilous; I didn’t want Julia to suffer. I always wanted to give the best for her even if it’s to sacrifice my love and friendship. I was fulfilled with my decision.

After killing three hours on the park bench, I went back to my home and saw Mrs. Olivia the house keeper looking at me anxiously. She asked me in a sympathy voice as she always does “What is wrong master Gabriel?”

“Nothing, I went for a walk” I replied without looking back and went upstairs to find a paper lying near my table. It contained a neat hand written letter, which looked like Julia’s handwriting, she has written a letter to me.

Dear Gabriel,

I hope you are reading this letter with the contentment of insulting me. You have thwarted me making my heart to rupture in anguish. I do not know the cause but I’m convinced to inform that there will never be any friendship between us.

We have known each other for a short time but I lost myself the very first day I met you. Since then you became the love of my life. I want to tell my feelings to you, but you have insulted and humiliated me in a very cruel way for no reason. I don’t want you to become prey for a research expedition, that’s the motive for my inquisitiveness on your research. Please forgive me; I swear that I will never interfere in your life again.

Yours loving friend,
Julia

P.S
I have kept the book (Fascination of Philosophy) you gave me as a gift on the desk.

My heart paused for a moment; my presumption was right about Julia. She should reside in distance from me for her happiness, I felt regretful for hurting her. However, she would get impaired very badly, if she has to share her life with me because of my research. One day I should be well prepared to leave everything behind me to enter the unknown world of mystery and there is tentative pledge of returning. I don’t want to leave Julia behind waiting for me in misery. I looked down at the letter again; I felt a pain in my heart strings.
© Copyright 2008 Cliona (cliona at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1383502-Lost-World-Chapter-3