*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1383665-Fairy-Tale
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Inspirational · #1383665
Love in today's society
A Fairy Tale

We live in times of extreme distrust. In times where Ebonics may be considered a language by some. So to find true love. That one person you will bide the trying times with. The one person that you learn to shrug and smile when her demands, no matter how sweet her tones are just too much. To lay and watch her sleep and assure her sleeping heart that she will be cared for the rest of our lives. I am no Shakespeare or Edgar Allan Poe but I do hope that through originality and sincerity I have managed to express to you my love


Once again you and I end up at the same place, wondering… Feeling sorry for ourselves and forgetting…
Forgetting the importance of that warmth. The gentle touch.

One thing has changed and is very different. You have not run… There may be a chance…
Could it be? Should it be? Will we let it be???

Writing has always come natural though much of it questioned once the words are seen on paper.
Your heart and your soul to be scrutinized. The validity of the their meanings once again questioned.

Once again to slip back into familiar form. The doubt that your worth even deserves or is worth the mere thought.

Honesty……..

Once again you slip into your all too familiar critical thinking trying to make sense of this flood of emotion and the chaos that accompanies it. A heart overwhelmed with that one thought. I am worth it?? I am worthy of her love??

Excuse the pure sappiness and melancholy, please?? Wow she really loves me??

So now to truly express to her. My Beautiful Woman… Too express my true desire. If only once to be heard even if never truly understood.

Since that day I picked silly string out of your hair and saw that smile on your face that could only be out shined by the flushness of your cheeks. Remember? It was the day our mutual friend decided that fate just wasn’t working fast enough.

I feel as though I am once again finding me again.


To see you once again after so long. The initial encounter so many years ago so brief yet impressionable enough to have this sense of familiarity and emotion. Seriously what are the odds? Can this? Could this be?

Differences distinct of course between the two encounters.

This time the calmness came to me. This time your smile, your touch, the beauty of the soul that is seen so beautifully expressed in the depths of your eyes. Brought to me tranquility.

After all……………

We have experienced love, land the losses that come and go with it’s experiences and heart breaks never ending.

Experiences and choices that have left even I to question the compromise of morals and integrity.

Now do chuckle as I.
The point of even putting it to question is all lost. Being concerned? I mean seriously is it not mute at even the first thought?

After all I am a lesbian. The eventual eternal resting place of my soul and spirit compromised at the mere thought of us actually finding love?

I know, I know I am getting of track here. Well bad habits are hard to break. Just ask my wife. I am very good at listening. Especially to my self talk.

I guess the point be is that I am finally able to allow myself to be happy. I have calmed and come to understand that both through love and heartache how wonderful it is to feel another’s love.

Every experience in my life thus far. No matter how inconsolable it may have felt at the time has brought me to this point. I am finally a woman capable of allowing the closeness of your heart to mine.

I guess I am a sap. ( Doesn’t mean anything ya know. I still like Harley’s and wearing black ya know)

So to be here now experiencing my very own fairy tale in this life time truly amazes me and makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. (It’s mine! It’s mine! Yes this is my life!)

The kind of fairy tale that as little girls we heard and dreamed of tucked safely to sleep. The kind that inspired us to search, suffer and finally at one point your soul gives up on finding that mate.
As I lay my ear to her chest I am thankful my soul was able to convince my heart for one last time. I feel the soft thump of her heart beating. Mine soon in sync with hers and smile. I have found my Cinderella. In her loving arms with the caress of her skin she has bound me to her with her every breathe.

Thank you my love..

Thank you so very much for allowing me to experience my very own fairy tale.

© Copyright 2008 zisfine (zisfine at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1383665-Fairy-Tale