*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1383747-
by Taiko
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Emotional · #1383747
Fictional ending to the life of Ackechi Mitsuhide
I walked slowly toward the closed door. My hands tremble as I walk holding the tanto knife, my heart is racing and I am starting to sweat. I slide back the screen that blocks the opening to the door and walk into the room. The room is lit slightly and a nice breeze is blowing through the room. A window is the culprit for the breeze, it faces a cherry blossom tree; the sun is setting directly behind the tree. It is a beautiful scene and I would have stopped to gaze upon if it had not been for the men sitting in the room. They are lined up against the wall all with impassive faces. If I didn’t know each man personally it would seem that they were meditating, but I knew that they waited for me to arrival. At head of the room, sitting facing the open window was a man. His long black hair hangs all the way down is back, many would of took him as a female if it was not for the two swords that distinguished him as a samurai. His name was Akechi Mitsuhide, a retainer of the late Oda Nobunaga. He betrayed his lord and was about to pay the ultimate price. He looked up as I walked nearer to him and smiled at me. I nodded my head and smiled weakly back. I had fought for this man for most of my life, since I was thirteen I was by his side and protected him as a bodyguard. He took me from my home when my father died and taught me how to fight and live as a samurai. Know I was going to help my lord with one last task . I drew my katana and took my stance, a stance he taught me when I was fourteen in the garden in the Oda Clan stronghold of Kyoto. I nearly burst into tears, my mentor; my brother was going on his next campaign without me. He took the knife, from the plate that I had been carrying and place next to him, in his hand. He looked one last time into my face. He face was one of tranquility, of one who had made his peace. He smiled as he plunged with all his strength the dagger deep within his stomach. I plunged my sword toward my mentor and brother’s neck.






Death Poem




The Sun rises above the cherry tree
The sun sets below the cherry tree
I shall never gaze at its wonder again


Ackechi Mitsuhide
© Copyright 2008 Taiko (17anbu at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1383747-