*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1383751-
by Taiko
Rated: · Short Story · Death · #1383751
Death Sanada Yurikuma
I rode hard through the rain of arrows, killing any who dare step in front of my steed. “Sanada Yukimura will defeat this pretender to the thrown of Japan”, was what I proclaimed before charging .My cause is just and my heart is honorable I will be victorious. This was my mantra as a charged the heart of the horde that was Tokugawa Ieyasu’s army. My men drew swords as they drew closer to the enemy; they tossed arquebuses to the ground and roared with enough might to shake the Ieyasu to his knees. They were ready to die for the Toyotomi family; I smiled and prepare for the collision.
Two forces crashed with an explosion of blood and dirt. A man wearing red armor charged ahead of his men, he plunged deep within the abyss full of enemies. His men were all cut down and he was all alone. He fought without fear and with the ferocity of a cornered tiger. He horse was stabbed in its torso and neck; blood flowed like water from its wounds, but it still rode on. It fought on like its rider until it too was cut down just like the men. The man in red was surrounded and outnumbered. He stood and looked upon the enemy and laughed and proclaimed, “I Sanada Yukimura son of Sanada Masayuki wish to inform that I am an honorable and implore you to show me how a true samurai dies.” He charges at the wall of spears and finds his death among the blades. I sat atop the hill and watched Sanada Yurkimura die as a true warrior. I remember that day even though it was years and years ago. I remember it as the day I learned what honor meant.

© Copyright 2008 Taiko (17anbu at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1383751-