*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1384650-The-Pirate-Princess
Rated: E · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1384650
something i started to write..WRITERS BLOCK. NEVER FINISHED
1670...
  The night air was cold and heavy, the kind of cold that almost hurt when you breathed it into your lungs. Isabelle Anne stood at the shore of the dark ocean waters. Tears streamed down her face washing the soot from her cheeks and leaving lines of her pale skin exposed.  She looked down at her dirt covered hands. She wrapped her arms around herself to shelter herself from the ocean wind and ran her fingers across the short sleeves of her dress that were torn and dirty from age and house work Strands of her dark hair freed from her messy up do and danced across her face in the wind.
  Her back was sore from the hard floor she was forced sleep on every night for the past seven years. Her back beared scars, scars that seemed not only be physical but go so much deeper than that. Scars that represented loneliness and emptiness. Scars that represented her tears and pain. Scars that reminded her everyday that she was alone in the world. They will always be a constant reminder that she is not loved and never will be. They showed her that she was worthless and was nothing to anyone. How could she live a life like this for so long?
  The waves crashed sending the water over her toes. She shivered again from the cold soon enough the cold turned into numbness. She felt nothing physically but the emotional pain was still there. That was the problem it will always be there making her feel more and more alone and unloved. She knew there was no escape from the horror and torture that she called her life. Her world was a prison dark and alone. Thoughts of ending her life danced through her mind as they did hundreds of times before that night.
  Isabelle walked further into the water she cried harder as the water crashed against her knees. She wanted to lay down and let the water wash her away as it did with the dirt on her dress. Why was she so scared to die? She had nothing to live for. Her parents were dead and she lived a life of servitude with no loving family or friends. There was nothing but pain and sorrow what could she possibly have to live for anymore? Every night she found herself at this same spot walking into the water. Every night for the past seven years did she wish that she had died with her mother and father. Every day she seemed to forget more and more of the happy childhood she once had.
  She stood still staring at the water and listened to the sound of the crashing waves. This is different tonight she thought. She was going to do it, she was going to let the ocean take her away tonight. She took one last look around at the scenery as if to say goodbye to the night sky. To say goodbye to the sand she will never walk on again and goodbye to the dark ocean. The ocean seemed to call her as she stared down at the water. She drew a deep breath in and held it as she began to move then all of a sudden something stopped her. It was not second thought or the lack of courage. It was not a glimmer of hope or a change of heart. It was voices, voices that belonged to a man. No, not A man but men  She could hear them faintly between the crashing of the waves. She wasn’t sure what to do. Had someone come looking for her? If that was the case she had to hide before they found her. Noone was going to take her back to the life she dreaded so much. The voices got closer and Isabelle stood in silence. Her eyes grew wide as she realized that the voices were not coming from the shore. The voices were coming from the sea 
© Copyright 2008 Anne Stars (nikixway84 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1384650-The-Pirate-Princess