*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1385067-The-Light--A-Conversation
Rated: 13+ · Other · Other · #1385067
A conversation about the light.
“I see it.”
“What?”
“The light.”
“You see a light?”
“No, no, I see the light.”
“Well, what is the light?”
“It’s clarity, it’s love, it’s joy, it’s everything.”
“What the hell are you talking about?”
“You don’t understand?”
“Hell no.”
“Alright, well, it’s like this: you get up in early in the morning, before the sun comes out, because you want to see the sunrise- you following me?”
“Yeah, so far.”
“So you’re sitting there waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and it’s still dark. By this time it’s a good half hour after the sun was supposed to rise. You still good?”
“Yeah.”
“Alright, well, you’re getting worried, you’re actually starting to wonder if the sun is gonna rise today. You’re wondering if you’re just the unluckiest son of a bitch in the world, like you want to see the sun and it’s not coming out. You’re wondering if it’s the end of the world or something.”
“Ok, is that it?”
“No, hell no, far from it. You’re sitting there, starting to get depressed, and all of a sudden a little sliver of light lands across your face. You look up, and here’s this tiny, little light shining down. It’s getting bigger though.”
“So the sun comes out?”
“Yeah. The sun comes out, and you feel like an idiot because it was just covered behind a bunch of clouds.”
“And that’s it?”
“That’s it.”
“What the fuck?”
“What?”
“I don’t understand.”
“You still don’t understand? Jesus Christ, do I have to explain everything to you? Alright, everything was dark, it was unclear, you couldn’t understand why it was unclear because it was unclear. All of a sudden the sun comes out, and you understand everything. You know why it was still dark, why the sun didn’t come out earlier, why everything was so unclear.”
“Alright, I think I got it now.”
“Yeah, the sun provided clarity, it gave you a new, better perspective.”
“Yeah, alright, so that’s what this light is that you were talking about?”
“Yep. But, wait, don’t you see it?”
“What?”
“The light. Can’t you see the light?”
“No, I don’t see a damn thing.”
“Huh. That’s too bad.”
© Copyright 2008 Bob Saget (eleworld2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1385067-The-Light--A-Conversation