*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1386126-3-AM
Rated: E · Poetry · Other · #1386126
I wrote this for my girl.
She lay there, in bed, sleeping.  The light purple of our bed sheets were pulled up to here neck.  Only one arm escaped the purple cocoon.  It lay over the sheet, resting on her stomach.  I should have been laying next to her, within that cocoon, sleeping.  I sat on my side of the bed, my back was to her, my feet firmly on the grey carpet.  I had spent the last ten minutes staring at my feet, lost in thought.  Why had I awaken so early?  I felt weighted.  Why? 

It came back to me.  I had a dream.  She was gone.  Gone forever.  I was alone.  Alone forever.  I knew she wasn’t coming back.  Terrible dream.  I turned to look upon her face.  So beautiful.  So unbelievable.  Did I deserve to look upon such beauty?  Did I deserve to reach over and press my lips against hers?  I steal that moment.  She moves as soon as my lips part from hers.  Still asleep.  I invaded her dream.  She doesn’t protest.  My hand brushes her face.  My heart quickens.  I love this woman.  When I look into her eyes I see the love she holds only for me.  It’s something that can’t be explained.  No words come close to our feelings.  Why do I waste time with these thoughts of being without her? 

I push them away as I climb into bed and fall asleep.
© Copyright 2008 Troy Boesen (lordbruizer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1386126-3-AM