*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1386433-Just-a-thought
Rated: E · Other · Experience · #1386433
Recently I have been thinking a lot about going back to writing.
    Many years ago, when my future was an open book, I toyed with the idea of becoming a writer. I researched my possibilities and come to the conclusion that you either have it or you don't.  Obtaining a degree was an iffy proposition, you can have a degree and still not have any talent, and I had no confidence in my ability to write so I didn't.  I stuck to round robin type fanzines with my closest friends and we never showed our work to anyone but each other. 

    Recently, I decided to go back to college after a twenty year break, in a blatant effort to improve life for my daughter and myself. This term I am taking two classes, both of which required that I take a career assessment, both of which point my ideal career in the same direction.  It appears there is some part of me that is meant to write. I have no idea what to write or even if I can, but I fully intend to try. I ask of those of you that read my submissions to offer suggestions and guidance, and if my work stinks, at least be gentle about it.

    I doubt I will submit often simply due to a lack of time to pursue my own interests.  I am  a 40 year old- single mom of a 6 year old princess. I work full time and dedicate the vast majority of my time to maintaining my 4.0 GPA.  I do, however, intend to at least post once in a while just to see what I can come up with.

    Wish me luck!
 
© Copyright 2008 Tink_mom42 (tink_mom42 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1386433-Just-a-thought