*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1386613-Three-Days
by Riley
Rated: E · Fiction · Romance/Love · #1386613
First entry. Something I wrote while I was bored in a class.
There she was, daydreaming in her speech class like always.  She was easily distracted by the rain outside.  Knowing it was a cold rain didn’t bother her.  It would have been better walking through it, back to her cozy dorm, than sitting in that classroom.

She watched the seconds tick by on the clock as she thought of the man whom she longed for.  She was going to see him in just three days.  It was the first time they would be spending a whole night together.  Being able to fall asleep in his arms was all she wanted for so long and it was finally going to happen.

Her thoughts snapped back to the class as people around her started packing their bags.  She followed suit and looked out the window again.  It wasn’t raining so hard now, just a light drizzle.  She wouldn’t have to hurry through the rain to her room.  Instead she’d take her sweet time strolling back.  It would let her daydream about what would happen when she saw him for the first time in a month.

She picked up her backpack and swung it over her shoulders.  Filing through the door she was the last one out.  It felt like she was floating, not walking down the hall towards the grayness outside.  She threw the hood of her sweatshirt over her head to shield herself from the drizzle as she ventured out.

Usually she walked with her head down.  She focused on the ground to stay invisible but now she felt eyes on her as she walked down the stairs to the sidewalk.  Looking up the first thing she saw were the lilies.  They stood out against the gloomy weather.  Streaks of white and magenta with a brilliant yellow bursting from the middle of the pedals.

She knew she had a dumbstruck look on her face.  She had realized that she had stopped walking halfway down the stairs which was preventing others behind her from continuing.  But it took a minute for her to notice her lack of breath.  He had smiled.  It was enough to stop anyone’s breath.  He set the flowers on the bench where he’d been sitting and stood.

Her heart was pounding as she flew down the stairs into his arms.  Her hood fell down and she could feel her warm tears mixing with the cool rain now lightly falling on her face.  He held onto her like the ivy clung to the wall behind them.

The rain had almost soaked through his jacket, he must have been sitting there most of the time she was in class.  The rain glistened on his face as she stood on her tiptoes to kiss him.  It was one of those perfect kisses.  The kind where she forgot that there were other people in the world.  She regained her stance and took his hand in hers.  The look in her eyes was enough for him to know what she wasn’t yet saying.

“I love you.”

© Copyright 2008 Riley (rkf89 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1386613-Three-Days